$99
$114
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $127/night.

$103
$163
$159
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $182/night.

$81
ComfortInn
Candlewood Suites Polaris(Columbus)(Great Value!)
$90
CandlewoodSuites
$194
$177
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $218/night.

$76
$145
$132
$191
$173
Hilton.com
  • Pool
All reviewsbank buildingvault doorgay streetbourbon barvalet parkingfull kitchenthe breakfast areaunique hotelbreakfast is servedvalet servicecolumbus downtownfront desk staffbedroom suiterooms are spaciousshort northwould definitely stay here againrestaurants and bars
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I recently visited Columbus for business and decided to try out the Residence Inn on E. Gay Street. I found the staff to be welcoming and the stay to be very comfortable.

Before checking in, I called the hotel to make sure that i was on a high floor and away from the elevator. They were able to grant my request. I did have an issue with the room that I was given and I was immediately offered another room .. no questions asked.

The room (studio with a king bed) was spacious and I love the suite concept. I found the AC to never quite get to the temperature that I preferred, but I like my room to be very very cold. So it was not an issue that I addressed with management. The room was clean and the bed was really comfortable.

I booked using Marriott's site and was able to get valet parking included for $10.00 a night instead of $20.00 a night. I appreciated that very much!

I did take advantage of the complimentary breakfast in the morning. It was a nice surprise. Eggs, sausage, homemade waffles, variety of cereals and fruits.

There are a lot of restaurants within walking distance from the hotel. I had a pizza and a drink from Due Amici accross the street. It was very good. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I recently made a trip to Columbus on business and found this location to be great. It is located in an old bank which makes for a neat setting. It was within walking distance to a few restaurants which was a plus and the staff was very friendly and eager to please. I had booked a studio suite, but was upgraded to a one bedroom due to being a platinum member. I will be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2012
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

David W,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel and for recommending us. I will pass along all of your comments to our team during our next weekly meeting. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed June 24, 2012

As a couple of the other reviewers already stated, I've never quite seen such a unique Residence Inn location anywhere in the U.S. The old bank location which now houses this beautiful and modern hotel was a SUPERB idea and made me think a little better of Marriott these days because they saved such an historic building.

The rooms were amazing! I opted for a one bedroom suite. I couldn't believe how clean it was and I didn't find one thing out of order. I'm a world traveler so hotels are very important to me because I tend to get use out of the accommodations. This location really satisfied me and I'll definitely be staying here again when we return to Columbus.

The layout of the rooms, kitchen amenities, linens, bedding, towels, etc. all above average and usable. One evening my coffee pot stopped working and someone immediately brought me a new one out of the box. Another evening I didn't have a corkscrew for some wine (I was told there was one in the kitchen drawer). Immediately someone came up with a new one. Awesome service! Wifi is free in the rooms and unlike many hotels, the wireless connection was powerful and quick. I worked in the room several of the days during my stay and downloaded everything I needed without a problem.

The breakfast buffet in the morning was one of the best buffets I've seen. The food actually tasted great! And they served some really delicious biscuits and gravy that I never get! It was a real treat!

In summary, this is definitely my Columbus hotel location for future trips. The value, space, modern amenities, breakfast, service, all add up to a very, very nice stay in a superb location in downtown!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank scottyhouston

Scottyhouston,
Thank you very much for writing a review and submitting photos! I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We take a lot of care into our breakfast selection and I am glad you found it enjoyable. We look forward to see you again when you are in the area!

Thanks again,

Reviewed June 22, 2012

I've never quite seen a residence Inn quite like this one. It is in a historic building in downtown Columbus, which was once a bank building. They have built the hotel around the bank artifacts (for instance, the buffet is in the bank vault, compete with the huge safe door). Pretty cool.

Good downtown location....blocks from the capital. It was clean, and seemed safe. Inside the hotel was pristine. Very nice staffs, especially Lorie, at the Valet stand. We had a cool room, that although typical residence Inn, it was still unique, given the unusual (not a bad thing) lay out and the high-rise feeling (we were on the 6th floor).

Breakfast was typical, but still good. We ordered room service (from a restaurant across the street) which was excellent!

Only complaint...not pool.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Roadwarrior0219,
Thank you so much for your review and recommendation! We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know you enjoyed your stay and the level of service we provide. Thanks especially for recognizing Lorie, it made her day! We look forward to seeing you next time you’re in the area!

Yours truly,

Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

The Residence Inn was an adequate property-nothing special. The rooms were clean and adequately equipped, but not very big. The breakfast buffet that was included was pretty bad. Not much of a selection and not very good food. Also, the hotel staff did not know where the "Columbus Commons" was. Meanwhile, it was two blocks from the hotel. The staff should be more knowledgable of the area. Also, while not a reflection of the property itself, I thought the attire worn by the front desk staff was way too casual. I don't expect to see golf shirts on the people who are the first to greet you.

• Stayed: June 2012

Crescendo012,
Thank you for your review of your stay. I am pleased that you found your room to be enjoyable. However, I would like to offer my apologies for the service you experienced as it does not meet the high standards of Marriott . Please know that we value and take all feedback very seriously as it helps us reach our goal of delivering exceptional service. I will be addressing these matters with my team during our weekly meeting. I look forward to your return visit with us so you can experience the true level of service and accommodations the Residence Inn has to offer.

Best Regards,