All reviews bank building vault door gay street bourbon bar valet parking full kitchen the breakfast area unique hotel breakfast is served valet service front desk staff bedroom suite rooms are spacious short north restaurants and bars would definitely stay here again free breakfast
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I recently had the pleasure of staying at your hotel and I was very impressed with the service I received upon entering the hotel. Your front desk clerk Daniel was so welcoming, and really made my late-night check-in a breeze. I wish there were more employees like him around at other Marriott locations.

• Stayed: March 2012
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Rchaudhry,
Thank you so much for your review and recommendation! We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know you enjoyed your stay and the level of service we provide. Thanks especially for recognizing Daniel, it made his day! We look forward to seeing you next time you’re in the area!

Yours truly,
Robert Kennedy, General Manager

Reviewed February 18, 2012

This is a great building and the room was exceedingly comfortable. The room had a convenience kitchen, abundant work/conversation space and a very comfortable bed and bath area.

Customer service was excellent. I was greeted as soon as I entered, check in was immediate. I called for ice while I waited for the ice maker in my fridge and I had ice delivered right to my door - at 11 p.m. - within just a couple of minutes.

I was staying here only for one night for business, but could definitely make this my go to place for a future trip of much longer length.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank karamonroe
Reviewed February 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed here last weekend, we had tickets to see The Blue Man Group at the Palace Theater. The check-in was a breeze and we were surprised to see how they were able to transform a old bank into a beautiful hotel.The room was very clean and quiet and anything you may need is there. The entire weekend was great, and anyone wanting to see a show at the Palace it is just a short walk to the theater. We will be sure to recommend this hotel to anyone. :)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Admin at Residence Inn by Marriott Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2012

Dear karamonroe: Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel in February. We appreciate all of the compliments, particularly about the good service. I've shared the positive comments with our entire staff.
We hope to see you on return trips to Columbus!

Reviewed February 5, 2012

We stayed at the Residence Inn Columbus Downtown for two nights. Check in was fast and easy and our room was very clean and roomy all the amenities were available having a kitchen in the room was very convenient. The building itself was very beautiful and it is impressive how they have renovated it into a hotel. If we are ever in Columbus again we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sdoofor

Dear Sdoofor: Wow! The title of your review says it all. We really appreciate your review. Some of our guests stay for several weeks or months so we specialize in long term and short term stays. We hope you can stay longer on your next trip to Columbus! Thanks again

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed for 6 nights and was overall a very good experience. Marriott transformed a historic downtown bank into a well appointed and comfortable hotel. Much nicer and more reserved than the hotels surrounding the Convention Center with a much more attentive staff, particularly Amanda (bartender) and Nate (front desk). Love that they incorporated the original vault, door and all, into the breakfast room! They also left many original architectural details intact. Only drawbacks preventing an excellent rating - since it's a historic building, they can't replace the windows for a few more years (or so I was told). It was very windy a few of the days and you could feel the draft, even with the heavy drapes. Also, housekeeping didn't check all the drawers after the previous guest and missed removing a used enema bottle.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Dear CZ75guy: Thanks so much for posting a review of our historic downtown hotel. We love the fact that many of the historical architectual details were preserved in the conversion to our hotel. I've shared your nice comments to the entire staff, including Nate & Amanda who you mention. I sincerely regret an item was mistakenly left in the hotel room from the previous guest. We have taken measures to ensure things of this sort do not occur.
We hope you choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Columbus.