“Amazing time!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2018

I had the extreme pleasure to dine here. The meal started with an Old Fashioned - fantastic! Then onto the Shrimp Cocktail - not disappointed. For supper, I had Filet Mignon - Med Rare, Brussel Sprouts with Bacon Marmalade and Lobster Mashed Potatoes. WOW - Bacon Marmalade and Lobster Mashed potatoes - where have you been all my life! (Sides are made for sharing!!)
So much food that I took home some Filet Mignon - ever chilled a couple of days later - it was still soft as butter!
For dessert, we had a wonderful Flambéed Banana dish - sadly, I cannot remember the name of it.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse was as we had read about. A very nice place to enjoy a good meal. The atmosphere was was quiet and comfortable. The service was A+ and the food was excellent. The lettuce wedge was fresh and crisp with a great blue cheese dressing. I had lobster bisque which was excellent. Nice chunks of lobster and a velvety smooth soup. Asparagus with some parmesan cheese melted on top was one side we had and some golden brown fries was the other. I had a surf and turf combo with a perfectly cooked medium rare filet mignon. The lobster was excellent. Not over cooked and dry but perfectly cooked. They had an extensive wine list which wasn't ridiculously priced. Many selections under $100 to choose from that were excellent. The only disappointment in the meal was the desert. I love red velvet cake and this just wasn't one of the better ones i've had. It was a bit dry. Over all it was an excellent meal. The service was very friendly and prompt. We weren't rushed at all and felt very comfortable. The location is directly across the street from the convention center so if you're staying at the Hyatt or a hotel near the convention center its a short walk away. Pricing was as you would expect to find at a good steak house in any city.

1  Thank 225thomasv
Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

We made reservation for 8:30. I order the Scarlet and Gray 32oz Tomahawk Ribeye and the one pound bake potato. Wife orders the bison filet and creme corn pancetta side. When they bring the entree’s it’s two Bison Filets. They go back and make my monster steak. When it comes my wife’s reheated bison is over cooked. They take it back and make her another one. When they finally got it right the food was excellent. When the bill came they already with out asking took the wife’s order and our sides Off the bill so about $100 off. So in summary I recommend going because when they aren’t firing on all cylinders they make it right.

Reviewed June 11, 2018

Had the opportunity to dine here for business last week. Service was top notch and food was excellent. The steaks are to die for. The apps were solid and beef carpaccio was a excellent “rare find” item. Fantastic wine list too.

If you are out to impress....Hyde Park WILL deliver! Enjoy!

1  Thank TripGuy11920
Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

Hosted a cocktail/dinner party for daughter/son-in-law post-wedding. Event staff, menu beyond accolades.

Date of visit: May 2018

Been to Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse? Share your experiences!