“Best in CMH”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have been to every top steakhouse in the city over the past 15 years and, while Mitchel's was my favorite, Hyde Park took over the top spot once Ruth's Chris ruined Mitchel's.

The staff is knowledgable, friendly and work well togeher. The atmosphere is pleasant in the bar area, but prepare for a more demanding environment in the dining area.

The menu could be a bit more expansive, but there is a nice selection and they prepare everything very well. I would guess that I was pleased with my meal only 1 or 2 out of 200.

It can be a bit pricy, however you do get what you pay for. I would recommend.

1  Thank PErike
There are newer reviews for Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse

Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

We had an amazing restaurant experience during our time here at Hyde Park. Our server was named Robert and he was very friendly and knowledgeable. We had the Lamb Chops, which my husband thought were fabulous, and I had the Steak Kosar. My steak came out cooked perfectly and paired well with the suggested wine. For dessert we planned to walk down to Jeni's for ice cream but were told it was just about to close as it was almost 11pm. So we ordered the Creme Brûlée - which again was perfect! The best part of the evening was when our dessert was delivered, Robert brought me over a small container of Jeni's ice cream to go along with our Creme Brûlée! I still don't know if he went down to get it for me or just had some in the back, but it is something we will never forget and will definitely return!

2  Thank Kristina T
Reviewed February 14, 2013

For $19.90, you can get an entree, side, and half wedge salad or soup. I got the salmon, which is normally $26.90 by itself. It was excellent and not greasy. My asparagus bearnaise and french onion soup were excellent as well. Portions are plentiful.

Excellent variety in the bread basket too. I particularly like the pretzel sticks.

I also had a Ketel One martini, which was $7 on the Happy Hour menu.

Lately, I've had no problems with obnoxious patrons, but I don't go as much anymore since I moved about an hour away. Also, the bartender that facilitated those problems no longer works there.

1  Thank NoCleverCreation
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I took my wife to Hyde Park Restaurant in September 2012. Was a great place. Lived up to its name and reputation. My wife had the cook salmon and I had the strip steak. I highly recommend anyone who wants to dine in high class to try Hyde Park. I look forward to going back and trying the filet. The service is well versed and knows their menu. You'll have to pay for this kind of service and taste, but on a rare occasion it's worth it.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Great food, definitely higher end with prices to go along with it.. But it was worth it! They offer steaks that have been aged different times to really bring out the beef flavor. Worth trying if you are a fan of beef!