“The best place to stay in Columbus Ohio”
Review of The Lofts Hotel

The Lofts Hotel
Ranked #6 of 19 Columbus B&B and Inns
Arkansas
“The best place to stay in Columbus Ohio”
Reviewed December 2, 2010

The Lofts Hotel is awesome. The rooms are very fashionable and clean. The staff members will pamper you. This was my second visit and everything was perfect. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The Operations Supervisor, Shane, is very professional. All of the staff members are pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
dayton, Ohio
Reviewed November 22, 2010

Although the reviews were mixed- my husband and I can say we had a wonderful stay over the weekend at the Lofts. It was quite and quaint. the room was BIG and the bed was soooo comfortable. we needed a few things such as a few extra pillows (there were lots on the bed but my husband wanted more) and within 4 minutes of calling downstairs they were at the door. we asked for some cream packs for the in room coffee pot and the desk staff ran to get it immediately.

There was 2 wonderful books in the room to recommend where to eat and go. One had the staff's recommendations and they were right on- M was wonderful for dinner and First Watch was great for breakfast!

Thanks for making our romantic weekend away great!!! we will definitely be back

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Mancos
Reviewed November 8, 2010

Me and my girlfriend were in Columbus and decided to stay at the lofts ( for the second time )so we could enjoy a night out down town last week. When I called the day before to set up a reservation my call was answered by Shane the Operations Supervisor. Shane was very polite and very helpful in identifying and selecting our room choice, recommending possible restaurant in the surrounding area as well as a place we could relax and have a few drink before dinner. Shane went out of his way to actually make reservations at two places for us for both dinner and drinks. Short of the Ritz-Carlton in San Francisco I have never had such a more exceptional experience as another hotel. As for the hotel the lofts itself is very unique place to stay, clean, quiet, huge rooms with 10 to 15 foot ceilings, exposed brick walls, big screen Tv,s, sitting area and king size beds that are as comfortable as it gets. Any time I’m in Columbus and want to stay down town for a few nights the lofts gets my business every time and I would highly recommend them the anyone who wants a great experience. Ask for Shane!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
crownekate, General Manager at The Lofts Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2010
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at The Lofts Hotel. Shane is our Lofts Supervisor, and I agree, he is absolutely wonderful. He is all about enhancing our guests' experience and brings passion to everything he does. This is one of the true advantages that the Lofts Hotel has over other hotels in Columbus, the personalized concierge service. I look forward to having you as our guest again soon, and so does Shane! All My Best, Kathyrn Burton, General Manager
Mt. Sterling, OH
Reviewed November 8, 2010

This was my second time staying in this hotel and I will keep it in mind for the next time we want a night away. We purchased a package deal that included champagne and chocolates at check-in, $50 for dinner at a Cameron Mitchell restaurant, rose petal turn-down service, breakfast in the morning and valet parking. The service was wonderful and the staff always helpful. The hotel is small kind of like a boutique hotel. The history of the building is interesting and I like how the rooms are modern but still keep some of the elements of the old warehouse. Rooms are clean and comfortable. One of the best parts of this hotel is the toiletries. They have Aveda products for shampoo, lotion and soap. Wonderful! It is located in the arena district and within walking distance to Short North. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at The Lofts Hotel. I was thrilled to hear that this was your second visit, and that you will be our guest again in the future. Thank you for your business and I look forward to your continued loyalty to our hotel. We definitely have many creative package offerings that build value for our guests - keep checking back as we update them regularly! Thanks again for your kind comments. I look forward to having you as our guest again soon. All My Best, Kathyrn Burton, General Manager
Virginia Beach, VA USA
Reviewed November 6, 2010

Cons:
* The signage was not great, so I had to drive around to find the place and then drive around again to figure out where the entrance was.
* The parking/loading zone was very small. There was only room for me to pull out of the street and then there was cars blocking me from going any further. There was no signage for parking and the valet took his time greeting me, so that was an annoying delay.
* Parking is $20- not too bad for a downtown location, but I wasn't expecting it.
* Internet is $10 extra.

Pros:
* The room was spacious and nicely decorated.
* The location is great for shopping, going to a convention, and night life.
* There was actually a view- which is unexpected in a downtown location that is often blocked with buildings.
* I expected to be able to hear the highway and other noise, but it was silent as the grave.

I didn't particularly like the grey, black, and beige decor. I thought it was cold and uninviting, but I did like the way that the architectural integrity and antique stylings were preserved throughout the hotel. I also liked the small reception and only one person in the reception area. This is common for Europe, but makes sense in a boutique hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
crownekate, General Manager at The Lofts Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to tell the world about your recent stay at The Lofts Hotel! I truly appreciate all feedback that will help my team improve our service and our facilities. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your business. If I may be of personal service in the future, please feel free to contact me. All My Best, Kathyrn Burton, General Manager
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed November 2, 2010

I read all the reviews before I booked our stay. At first I was a bit leary, since the reviews were mixed. I ended up emailing the general manager and was really surprised with a quick response. The location was great, we were able to walk to short north and catch the Greek festival and had some ice cream on high. It was great. We had no trouble getting our car for dinner. The room is very spacious and has a different feel. It's nice if you want to try the loft atmosphere. I really had a good time. I would recommend it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear ilive4lasvegas:

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The Lofts Hotel! I am glad you enjoyed our facilities, services, and location. I agree, the uniqueness of our quaint, boutique hotel is like no other in Columbus. Please come back and visit us again soon and let me know if I can be of personal service. All My Best, Kathyrn Burton, General Manager
Hamilton, Ohio
Reviewed October 24, 2010

We generally stay in "chain" hotels but this was a unique treat. We ended up with the best room in the hotel - top floor, spacious, "loft"y ceilings, great views. The valet, front desk & room service staff were excellent. We will definitely recommend this hotel & hopefully have an opportunity to stay again ourselves.

Dear TopCatBlue:

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to The Lofts Hotel! I am so glad you experienced our "fabulous" rooms and "superior" service. This is what we strive for everyday as a hotel team, and I'm so glad we exceeded your expectations. I would like to personally invite you back to the hotel. Please let me know when you would like to stay at The Lofts, and I hope it's soon! All My Best, Kathyrn Burton, General Manager