The Lofts Hotel
$149
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
$136
All reviewsthe crowne plazaboutique hotelconverted warehousearena districtl'occitane productschampagne and chocolatesroom servicesmall lobbyvalet parkingnationwide blvdbreakfast buffetsitting roomdowntown columbusthin wallstwo blocksthe short north areanorth market
Reviewed September 11, 2010

i couldn't understand why this hotel had such mixed reviews but it was obvious after staying there this week. I can't recommend this hotel because it's a crap shoot - it all depends on whether or not someone is staying next to you.

The parking (public for $12 just around the corner or valet for $21) is a nuisance and the high speed wired internet for $10 is also a bit out of the norm, but the key to your stay here is your neighbors. I don't know what the building was originally but now it is just a few stories worth of rooms above a Max and Erma's restaurant. Unfortunately there appears to be little if any soundproofing between the rooms. You can hear every word of the person next door even if they are just talking in a normal voice. I thought their cell phone alarm was my own. It's just not what you expect from a hotel.

Our experience was fine. The simple conversation next door at 2am only kept us up for 15 minutes. Your experience could easily be a disaster though. As a result, I wouldn't recommend it to a friend. You just don't know what you are going to get.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2010

My hsuband and I live in Columbus, Ohio. We decided to stay at the Lofts on our wedding night. Due to the majority of the great reviews, we thought that this hotel would be outstanding with its service and quality. WRONG! As soon as I arrived(I arrived earlier in the day to get ready for our wedding)the problems started. The vallet service was disorganized, the guys running it were RUDE, did not smile one time, ask me if I needed assistance with my bags, or offer me a garment cart. They did not say thank you, you're welcome or anything. Very inconsiderate. The hotel staff were no different. never smiled, never asked us how our stay was or anything.VICTOR, who ran the front desk, did not make eye contact and never smiled. NEVER asked us one thing about if we needed anything .
The rooms were cheaply decorated, the headboard of the bed was all scratched up and it was way below our expecations. the aveda products were q-tips, and tissues( packaged in aveda packaging,) and small, tiny shampoo (supposed to be used for hair and body?????) and a small tiny bottle of conditioner. I would never ever stay at this hotel or recommend this hotel to anyone. It was the way that thier customer service represented itself. Very rude and inconsiderate. I have stayed at other hotels, not as expensive, and would recommend any other place than this dump. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME IF YOU ARE EXPECTING ANYTHING BETTER THAN THIS!

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lcsilette
Reviewed August 23, 2010

My wife and I loved our stay at the Lofts! The room was huge, bed very comfortable and the staff was great! It also still holds some character from it's almost 100 year history. It was conveniently located by the Arena and Short North Arts district. We got it for a steal. What more can you ask for!

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2010

I booked a room for four people visiting Columbus. We needed a room close to downtown and with space for all of us. Per the website, I booked a nice spacious room with 2 queen sized beds for $200+ tax per night. This is a little expensive for what I consider a usual hotel room. I paid extra because the pictures made the hotel look so beautiful.

It was in the perfect location; close to downtown but as we approached the hotel the curb appeal was not inviting.

It took a moment to find the entrance to 55lofts but we realized it was located in the same breezeway as the Crowne Plaza and made our way in. The lobby is non-existent and I felt like I was in a college dorm entrance. I was still hopeful that the rooms would be great. We greeted the concierge who smiled politely and asked my name. We went through the usual check in process and she mentioned "regular" room. I immediately inquired whether the beds were queen sized to which she said yes. The rest of the check in process was fine and we proceeded upstairs. Upon entering the room, I was disappointed to see we were in the wrong room; the beds were full sized and not the queens I requested.

I went right over the to the phone and called the front desk. I got to speak to the concierge who checked us in and told her we were in a room with full sized beds and needed queens. She told me they were actually full/queen sized. I have both full sized and queen sized beds in my house and I can tell the difference. These were nowhere near a queen sized bed. That and there is no such thing as a full/queen bed. The fact that the website and the concierge both stated the bed size to be queen but in fact the beds are full sized means they lied. It's perfectly fine that one would offer a hotel room with full sized beds, but you should say that and not lie about how big they are. I can't stand being lied to.

It was too late in the day for me to make another arrangement and we were very disappointed. The Courtyard would likely have been a better choice but I was trying out something new and different. I would not recommend this place.

I just started a new account in Columbus and will not be staying at the 55lofts again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Stayed one night at The Lofts while visiting friends in Columbus. It was ultra trendy and unique. The room was amazing and felt like our own personal retreat. While it was expensive, we felt the service, atmosphere, and overall stay was well worth it. We opted for a deluxe package that included dinner, wine, and turn down service. Very nice place.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple