Where to begin with this hotel. At first glance you would think that this is a beautiful hotel but dont judge a book by its cover. From the time we walked in we were not greeted at all by the "concierge" Erik so i was sure to take his business card to refer to in this review. After standing in the lobby for 10 minutes finally he decided to get off the phone and assist us. Checking in was a breeze and everything looked very chic. Until we got to our room. Room 2204 do not stay in this room. Nasty is the best word I can use to discribe it. It was filthy. Starting with the stained green blanket on the bed which was absolutly disgusting. When I went down to the lobby to advice Erik he replied "ok there are other blankets located in the armour" and im thinking are you kidding me? Needless to say nobody EVER came to replace the blanket which was smeared with what appeared to be ketchup. It sat on the floor by the door the entire trip. None the less i wasnt gonna let Erik nor the stained blanket ruin my time. Until i started looking around and noticed just how dirty the room was. Had my camera not been dead I would have taken pictures to verify and I might even go back just to do so. For starters, the shower/tub was turning brown in the cracks And the water pressure sucked no matter how much you changed the dial on top of when the person next door flushed their toilet (im supposing) the water got extremely cold. The walls were dirty smeared with handprints and dirt. There was a folded TV table up against the wall that had the same ketchup and was also just dirty. The window seals needed to be dusted and shined. Now normally i would not have noticed this but on the wall closest to the windows only half the wall is finished being painted. Its like where the headboard began they stopped painting and on top of that there is so much dust behind the headboard it only confirmed that housekeeping is not doing their jobs and neither is their manager. I have stayed in a many of hotels being a military spouse and having to travel and this was our first 4 star and if this is what 4 stars have to offer then i would like a downgrade back to 3 because at least at 3 stars they go out of their way to give you 5 star quality. I would love to go back and stay in Crowne Plaza since you have to use all their amenities anyway but since its a sister hotel it may be just as filthy. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone there are plenty of hotels in the same area like Hyatt and Drury Inn to name a few. We plan on staying in the Arena Distrct again before we PCS to Italy but we will not be staying at the Lofts. Im very disappointed in this hotel. And yes I would have packed my bags and left had not my husband planned this trip. But he was so excited about doing something special for me I didnt have the heart to walk out on his plans. So I endured and when I got home I took a nice hot shower to wash away the stress from that room.
Other than that l Arena Disrtict is above amazing and I really enjoyed my trip. Only thing this hotel has to offer is location oh yeah and the Aveeda products in the room. Nice touch. But Never again.
BTW when we left and went to dinner the first night the turn down service had taken the same nasty satined blanket off the floor and put it back on our bed at that point i gave up the fight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lofts is a luxury boutique hotel like no other in the world. Each of its 44 rooms and lodging accommodations is distinctive, offering special features that truly set it apart. Its designer interior offers clean, contemporary lines, dramatically juxtaposed against the strength of a proud historic building. But beyond its rich history and great beauty, The Lofts offers guests a host of features. All rooms were refreshed in 2010. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your The Lofts Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lofts Hotel And Suites
- The Lofts Hotel Columbus, Ohio
- Lofts Columbus