“Excellent hideaway” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 19 Columbus B&B and Inns
Ohio
“Excellent hideaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2010

My boyfriend and I have stayed at The Lofts several times and they have never failed to disappoint! The noise in the rooms has never been an issue, the amenities are perfect, location could not be better! Definently go for room service breakfast---nothing better than great food delivered to the door that you can eat in bed and then go back to sleep :) We go to The Lofts a couple of times a year when we need to disappear from kids, work, etc. and we tell NO ONE where we are (kids can find on cell of course!) It has become our secret escape with each other when life gets too crazy. Last July we went for Red, White and BOOM which was also my boyfriend's birthday, I had no gift and the concierge suggested a robe from The Lofts. When we checked in and got to the room, they had the robe laid out on the bed with a card, I didn't even ask them to do that but they saved the day! Concierge is also very good at suggesting places to go for entertainment. Our next weekend is scheduled for April, reason? None! Just want to escape and be pampered!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
crownekate, General Manager at The Lofts Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2010
Dear susan45656:

Thank you for taking the time to tell the world about being a Raving Fan of The Lofts Hotel. I am proud to say that I am one as well. I agree, The Lofts is an excellent choice for a "getaway in the city". Nothing is as heavenly as breakfast in bed with the one you love in a truly unique downtonw loft setting. I look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

All My Best,

Kathyrn Burton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Brunswick Hills, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2010

We stayed just one night for a weekend getaway and upon check in has a very minor mishap which we would never have been concerned with, however Casey the concierge upgraded our room to a wonderful deluxe garden tub room which made the stay even better. She also recommended an excellent vegetarian restaurant for lunch and suggested we use the complimentary shuttle provided by the valet when they are not busy. They not only dropped us off, but gave us a number to call upon return. I cannot say enough nice things about the hotel, Casey and all other staff we encountered. We are accustomed to 4 and 5 star hotels so I was a bit leary but this turned out to be quite a gem and we will certainly be back for all future stays.

Danielle - Brunswick Hills, Ohio

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2009

My wife and I stayed in the 5th floor "Garden Tub Suite" on a short weekend get away. We could not have asked for a better room, location, or experience. The entry way and lobby are small and understated making you feel like you found some secret VIP hotel. Once inside, our room was huge, had very tall ceilings, and a wall of windows providing a great view of the city. The hotel is built in an old brick warehouse and struck a nice balance between comfort, modern decor, and hints of the building's past. I really liked the huge wooden beams in the halls and the exposed brick.

This "boutique" hotel also has a lot of comforts: the bed was great, the bathroom was big and clean, room service was provided by Max & Erma's restaurant, and we took advantage of the complimentary shuttle to anywhere in the city (we took it to a great restaurant called Marcella's in the Short North district).

We cannot recommend this place enough!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank grandviewdream
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2009

A very nice boutique property in a great location - walkable to Arena District nightlife, prompt and attentive housekeeping service, and an exceptionally unique room in a historic property. Exposed brick walls and luxury accents including Aveda bath products made my stay a pleasure. Walls between adjoining rooms were a touch thin; normal conversations could be heard between rooms.

A *tremendously huge* downside to this hotel was the valet service, which is shared with The Lofts' sister property, Crowne Plaza.

Valet staff were difficult to locate, seemed generally lackadaisical about their duties, and seemed generally understaffed. (For appearances alone, how about you boys try RUNNING at least until you're out of eyesight instead of sauntering off to get vehicles? And with not one but 2 wedding parties plus an entertainer and his entrourage as guests, how about adding a few extra staff to the night?)

At check-out, valets simply refused call-down service - instead requiring all guests to queue at the valet desk while cars were very slowly brought up.

Attention seemed to focus on inbound guests and luggage assistance (tips, anyone?) than with expediting retreival of vehicles. For $21 a day, a guest needn't wait over 20 minutes for a car to be retrieved. Not even at a large convention hotel in LA do you wait this long.

Should I stay again, I'll go with the much cheaper self-park option.

My poor valet experiences were not isolated - Over 3 days I retrieved my car 9 times - and each retreival was met with similar delays.

The Lofts has the potential to provide a very attentive, 4-star experience. They just need to tighten up the service aspects a bit.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sean H
Newport Beach, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2009

We stayed at The Lofts for a footbal game at OSU.The hotel is located in a converted warehouse in the Arena District. It is right next to the Crowne Plaza, the hockey arena, convention center, several other hotels and geat restauants. The rooms were huge and modern, yet warm. If you like upscale modern, this is the place. The staff could not have been friendlier or more professional. There is a sports bar on the ground floor with good food. There is no question that this is my new favorite in Columbus.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2009

Really cool, S P A C I O U S loft style hotel. Great restaurant attached for early breakfast,
Almost wanted to move in! Very clean, no noise problem. Super-nice staff, super-nice town!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank btwrd
Brunswick, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2009

Beautiful room. One of the nicest I have stayed at. One night only. Very drunk when I came in from a party, so I cannot comment on the noise. I slept like a baby. Also, forgot my glasses the next morning. They found them and mailed them to me at my expense. I deserved that......

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business