A very nice boutique property in a great location - walkable to Arena District nightlife, prompt and attentive housekeeping service, and an exceptionally unique room in a historic property. Exposed brick walls and luxury accents including Aveda bath products made my stay a pleasure. Walls between adjoining rooms were a touch thin; normal conversations could be heard between rooms.
A *tremendously huge* downside to this hotel was the valet service, which is shared with The Lofts' sister property, Crowne Plaza.
Valet staff were difficult to locate, seemed generally lackadaisical about their duties, and seemed generally understaffed. (For appearances alone, how about you boys try RUNNING at least until you're out of eyesight instead of sauntering off to get vehicles? And with not one but 2 wedding parties plus an entertainer and his entrourage as guests, how about adding a few extra staff to the night?)
At check-out, valets simply refused call-down service - instead requiring all guests to queue at the valet desk while cars were very slowly brought up.
Attention seemed to focus on inbound guests and luggage assistance (tips, anyone?) than with expediting retreival of vehicles. For $21 a day, a guest needn't wait over 20 minutes for a car to be retrieved. Not even at a large convention hotel in LA do you wait this long.
Should I stay again, I'll go with the much cheaper self-park option.
My poor valet experiences were not isolated - Over 3 days I retrieved my car 9 times - and each retreival was met with similar delays.
The Lofts has the potential to provide a very attentive, 4-star experience. They just need to tighten up the service aspects a bit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lofts is a luxury boutique hotel like no other in the world. Each of its 44 rooms and lodging accommodations is distinctive, offering special features that truly set it apart. Its designer interior offers clean, contemporary lines, dramatically juxtaposed against the strength of a proud historic building. But beyond its rich history and great beauty, The Lofts offers guests a host of features. All rooms were refreshed in 2010. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Lofts Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lofts Hotel Columbus, Ohio
- The Lofts Hotel And Suites
- Lofts Columbus