The Lofts Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
All reviewsthe crowne plazaboutique hotelconverted warehousearena districtl'occitane productschampagne and chocolatesroom servicesmall lobbyvalet parkingnationwide blvdbreakfast buffetsitting roomreception deskdowntown columbusthin wallstwo blocksthe short north area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 27, 2005

I have never stayed at a hotel where the hotel room is bigger than the Lobby of the Hotel; I found this very unusual. The lobby was not very inviting, one attendant on duty at all times. I had inquired about a shuttle and was told yes there was one available that could take us to the Jazz & Rib fest, when the time came, the young man at the front desk picked up the phone made a phone call to "Jim" and asked if the shuttle was available and "Jim" said the shuttle was not available....I don't beleive the front desk attendant was even talking to anyone at the other end.

The room was okay; our silk faux duvet/comforter kept sliding off the bed, this got annoying. Room on the 2nd floor had a musty smell, at first I thought we were in a smoking room.

Yes the bath products and linens were very nice...but were they worth 199.00/night - - I think not.

Having stayed at several hotels in the Columbus area, I much preferred the Hilton @ Easton; the commute from Easton to Columbus is less than 10 minutes.

• Stayed: July 2005
4  Thank ruwithme
Reviewed July 11, 2005

In fact, I'm sitting in my room at The Lofts right now and I haven't heard my neighbors at all, despite what other reviewers have said. Rooms are modern and unique - our bed has a faux-suede duvet on the down comforter with six down pillows. The room looks more like a NYC apartment than a hotel room. Some amenities are excellent high-speed wireless internet, Frette linens and bathrobe, Aveda bath products, room service from Max and Erma's restaurant downstairs, a decent free Continental breakfast, great water pressure in the shower, valet parking with free in and out, and a mini bar that doesn't charge if you simply remove stuff to make room for your dinner leftovers. The Lofts is across the street from the Columbus Convention Center and a mere two blocks from the Arena and Short North districts, where bars, restaurants and fun shops abound. This is our second time at The Lofts - we come for the annual grower's convention - and I can't think of a reason why we'd stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2005, traveled on business
3  Thank vraiblonde
Perry, Ohio
Reviewed April 2, 2005

My family of 4 stayed at the Lofts Hotel on 3/31/05. It was a beautiful boutique hotel that shares some facilities with the Crowne Plaza. Public parking was $12.00 for 12-24 hours. We purchased their Discover-a-go-go package that included breakfast for 4 and COSI tickets for 4.

The amenities at this hotel are wonderful - all AVEDA products and the rooms are quite sizable. Only two disappointments: the beds were uncomfortable (very hard for us) and you could hear other people very well in the halls and rooms (could hear telephone ringing in next room).

Other than those 2 things, the stay was quite enjoyable and the service tremendous. Friendly, knowledgeable concierge and staff. I would highly recommend this hotel, but ask for a quiet area if you don't like being disturbed by noise.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed March 13, 2004

My husband and I loved our room, it was huge and had comfortable modern furnishings. There was plenty of window light, and the aveda toiletries were a nice touch. But like many of the reviews I have read - we also found that we were able to hear everything that was going on in the rooms next door. We heard the TV through the walls, even though it was kept at a moderate volume. Also, in the middle of the night we were awoke conversations in the room next door. The service was great, and I would probably stay here again, but not for more than 1 night.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed October 29, 2003

The best thing about this hotel was the staff. They were very nice and helpful. The hotel and rooms looked great but they went cheap when it came to sound proofing. There is none. If you expect privacy go somewhere else. We could hear all the intimate details coming from the rooms on both sides and from above. As I have lived in great lofts I was suprised that this hotel did not provide some of the comforts of home (sound proofing). Also as I am a great fan of the "Boutique" hotels I was shocked to discover that I should have stayed next door if I didn't want my neighbours to know my business. I am not joking. The walls are paper thin and the doors are set up to slam shut. Maybe this is a feature they built in as they say the doors are from a prison.
Come to think of it you may get a quieter nights sleep in the county jail. This is no Hotel Monaco!!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member