“Hotel review in Columbus Ohio”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Lofts Hotel

The Lofts Hotel
Ranked #6 of 19 Columbus B&B and Inns
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Hotel review in Columbus Ohio”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

very nice upscale hotel. comfortable and modern and retro at the same time. valet parking and very good service from staff. nice bar and sandwich type menu at the street level restaurant. several good restaurants within walking distance. they do charge for wifi though.

Room Tip: 4406 was a suite, but no view. but you are in center of city so what to look at anyway.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dirk B, General Manager at The Lofts Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at The Lofts Hotel this fall. We pride ourselves on our guest experience and are happy that yours was a positive one. We look forward to hosting you on your future stays in Columbus.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Canfield, Ohio
Reviewed October 2, 2012

The Lofts Hotel have so much potential- but...their customer service at the desk was nonexistant. Three hotel employees were arguing with a guest that had booked for two nights that the hotel had payment for only one (they used a prepaid credit card and thought they had paid for both (something to think about if booking with a prepaid credit card). They had been moved out of the room and called on their cell by the hotel. How do I know this? The conversation/arguement went on for 45min. while everyone waiting to check in stood listening. When we got to the desk finally, they said let me call and see if your room is ready- this was 6 pm and we had tried to check in twice before at 2pm and 3pm. Jeremy the valet could give them all a lesson in customer service. He told us where we could change- we had a wedding at 3pm and directions to good restaurants within walking distance, then offered us a ride to the wedding in the hotel shuttle. The room was nice and spacious , but the shower needed a good bleaching. The breakfast at Max and Erma's was delicious and service was good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Julie O
We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay this past fall. I apologize for the customer service issues that you experienced during the check in process. We are constantly looking for ways to improve, and your experience has given us an opportunity to do so. I am glad that you found our other amenities useful and accomodating. Please feel free to call me at 614/461-4100 regarding your stay.
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

I was prepared to like the Lofts- I like quirky hotels offering something different. I like the underdog. The property has lots of potential- the workmanship is superior, I heard no other room noises despite the hotel being full (40+ rms). Judging by the hall my room was on there could be some very beautiful rooms because the hardwood flooring, wall art, exposed beams, lighting , generous dimensions made things feel very museum, gallery like which was very pleasing.

But my room was not. Stuck back in the back overlooking a parking lot and roof top vents with one window, the room was dark and institution like, reminding me of the many campus dorm rooms I have lived in. I booked this room many months ago, and asked for a room with a view, but this wasnt my idea. And while I understand that the hotel is not obligated to fulfill requests, they had months warning, using a computer system to block out a room for me if they'd chosen to do some work - after all they ARE in the hospitality business.

They were unable to deal with changing rooms because there is no concierge on duty past 11 pm and calls get routed to the associated hotel across the way - which was full. I was then told this would be left with the morning duty clerk, I would be called with a follow up.

Not only was I not called with a follow up solution to the unpleasant room as promised, but the concierge also did not know I was staying in the hotel - and he told the FedEx delivery man the same thing when my football ticket was delivered - despite both a very recent phone call, and email to discuss delivery of same to the hotel. Fortuneately the Consierge at the sister hotel took the ticket and held it in case I came calliing for it. You would think that they were just 'learning '.

I left early despite reserving the room for 4 nights. That's when I found out some very nice rooms were available.

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank Wynneb
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed September 16, 2012

In a city with underwhelming lodging choices, the Lofts is pretty good place to stay. The rooms here are actually large suites. They are a little dark at night, which was made worse in my suite because one of the lights was out. The room was very clean but there was some grouting that needed restoration or cleaning. The room was a little stuffy until very late at night despite adjustments I made to the A/C. The mattress was fairly comfortable but it was not exactly to my taste. The front desk staff were very efficient and very nice as were the valet parking staff. The location is great because it is located across the street from the Convention Center and a short walk to the Short North area, where there are some good restaurants and shops. All in all, I would recommend the Lofts. It is one one of the better places to stay in Columbus. I am happy that a new Hilton is opening across from the convention center. Hopefully, it will raise the bar in Columbus and lead the way to additional improvements in the hotel stock in this city.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Alpharetta, GA
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The positives are many - clean, upgraded furniture, full use of Crowne Plaza facilities and local gym, comfortable bed, high ceilings, and much more. The room was like a luxury hotel.

However, it is not owned by a chain so there are no frequent traveler points. Also, most boutiques (almost all) allow small dogs.

This has many features of an Element or Kimpton, but unfortunately is independently owned.

Really nice stay, though.

Room Tip: Don't know - I'll bet all rooms are good. 2nd and 5th floors connect to the Crowne Plaza, w...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night while visiting a friend. This hotel was a little bland, though, I suppose you could call it minimalism. The location is pretty good. just a walk/short taxi ride to night life. Liked the bathroom best. Like the pair of high up windows without curtains that let the sun in to early were my least favorite (even though they look nice). The rooms were spacious, but the beds were not the most comfortable. The hotel is well located and the staff was nice enough. Nothing really special about this one, either way. Not really bad or good. I would stay here again if I had a reason to, but I wouldn't search it out to stay at it again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Once again looking for somewhere a bit different to stay. Liked the idea of a converted warehouse but somehow it just missed what it was trying to do. Our room was large but the furniture, though modern and tubular, was too small to create the right effect. The room also smelled musty when we first went in. The concierge was friendly and recommended two places for dinner, we went to 'Margarita', which was excellent. The complementary breakfast is served at Max and Erma's off the hotel lobby. The freshly made to order omelettes are amazing.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple