“Great Experience”
Review of The Lofts Hotel

The Lofts Hotel
Ranked #81 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The room was spacious, cool, fun with good beds, good work space and a good bathroom. Exposed beams, contemporary furniture and colors. The guy at the front desk was very nice and helpful - giving us three places we could go to dinner that serve vegetarian food (we went to Lemongrass, and it was very good - also fun). The valet parking is very expensive - $25 - that's why we are giving only 4 stars. We had room service in the morning for breakfast, and the food was good and arrived on time. It was a really nice change from the standard hotel room - and although on the pricey side, would stay there again! (But would try to avoid valet...)

Room Tip: We looked on the highway, but the room was still quiet - we stayed on a week night.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 1, 2012

We love the location,the people,and the hotel staff.The breakfast buffet was absolutely amazing.

Room Tip: the 5th floor had the high ceilings which we absolutely love!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This place was great!! We loved the modern design mixed with a little of the past. The high exposed ceiling beams with the painted brick walls mixed with modern furniture made the place different (unique is the best word) but perfect! The staff was friendly and helpful. We will return there next time we are in columbus. We just loved it!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I stayed at The Lofts from 5/30/12 to 6/2/12 and here are a few things I liked about this hotel and what I would like to see improved: I like the decor of the rooms. Spacious! The hotel staff is very friendly and always had a smile on their faces. The location you cannot beat.

On the other hand, I certaintly would not call this a "luxury" hotel. It appears that way but when you actually stay there, it seems just like a ordinary hotel. I stayed in room 3304 and it sure can use new carpet. In the entrance hallway you can see the dirt trail! Yuck! The room appears clean but does not smell like it. The appliances, menus, tables, and wet bar could used a nice wipe down with clorox wipes. Of course I did that. Also it is nice to use paper products sometime. I do not generally trust the glassware sitting face down, even if its on a coaster. The second night I could hear everything from the top floor! Soundproof those rooms already! From 11:00pm to about 2:00 am I heard sirens outside going up and down nationwide. Both days I ordered room service from Max & Erma's. My breakfast was not hot although they sent it up to me pretty quick and the food reminded me of Denny's or a Perkin's. Nothing upscale at all. Also it would be nice to have a vending machine around in case I happen to want a bottle of water in the middle of night. I could not find one anywhere. Also there should be security posted somewhere, so when customers enter they feel safe using the elevators and walking through the halls. There was no one in sight when I walked in after midnight. For the weary that could be a problem.

Would I stay here again? Probably not. I had far greater experience a Hilton or Raddison. To me this hotel does not live up to my expecatation. A nice hotel experience involves more that big rooms, flat tvs, or aveda products. Cleanliness, room service, and overall stay remains high priority. The Lofts forgot this!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We chose this hotel because of it's unique character and also because it was a good location for the things we wanted to do in the Short North area. We had no problems with reserving the room online and check-in was a breeze. Even though our room was above the street, I didn't hear any traffic at night and the bed was very comfortable. The room was clean and I loved that they provide Aveda toiletries. I honestly can't think of anything negative except that I don't think they provide a continental breakfast but we had no intentions of eating there anyway since we had access to all the cool cafes in Short North. I recommend using the valet since you are allowed to take your car in and out as much as you like for 24 hours for a flat rate. I think there is a parking deck around the corner but I heard it charges you each time you leave and return.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We asked specifically for a quiet room and were given a room on the second floor. It was okay on the Friday night because we didn't get to the room until midnight. On Saturday night we tried to go to bed at 10 but could not because of thumping music from an event on the 2nd floor of the Crowne Plaza which joins this hotel by an indoor bridge on the second floor. Also our room was situated directly over the bar and the outdoor patio which was very noisy. The room next to us had a least 5 if not more teenage girls in it who slammed the door for hours. You would think for $179.00 per night that you would keep away the young party people but no (may be they like the extra large room size). When I complained they happily refunded one night but that didn't fix how tired we were the next day.

Room Tip: It is directly across the street from the convention center. Ask for a room on the upper floors.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank carolartist12345
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Entered my room towards late afternoon it was 80 degrees and a/c blowing hot! Toilet was running. Room was dark, little lighting. Turned down a/c went to dinner returned three hours later and still hot! So dark in room had hard time reading thermostat. Called maintenance sent someone up who said this is a water system not your typical home system and they have been having troubles with it throughout the building for sometime. (so why not fixed by now?). Had to wait an hour to move into a another room being "cleaned" at 10:30 pm at night with a early morning business meeting the next day. Not a pleasant stay. Front desk clerk was wonderful and kind but hotel not up to standards. Also hotel caters more to men than women. Bathroom only has a pedestal sink no vanity. Would be my last resort to stay when I return to Columbus.
P.S. Hotel never reduced my bill or made any accomodation for the inconvenience. Not good customer service practices.

Room Tip: The rooms are not well suited for women travelers.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business