“Great stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Harrison House Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Columbus
Harrison House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 19 Columbus B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Bridgewater,Va.
“Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2007

I stayed there for my daughters gradutation from Ohio
State. I stayed three nights. Great location as you can walk to campus. Stayed in the Inns smallest room and it was furnished
nicer than most B&Bs small rooms. (I have traveled in
Europe, Asia, Mexico and here in the U.S.A.)
The neighborhood was nice for a College location and
I felt safe. Breakfast was very good and all you can eat.
Two of my daughters flew in and stayed with my grad-
uating daughters apartment. We all got together at the B&B
sitting on the front porch wicker furniture, first floor lounge
and my room yaking and having a good time. The Innkeeper
was very friendly and the breakfast conversation with
the other guest was enjoyed by all.

• Liked — Quality decor and location
  • Stayed June 2005, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank mayers-BC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2006

My daughter & son-in-law always give us a night at a B&B for Christmas. They have done this for years and we always have a great time - that is until we went to the Harrison House. I should start out to say that they only give you 6 months to use the gift certificate. All the others give you one year or more. This past year was particularly bad for my husband and myself. In January my mom became ill and had to be put in an assisted living home. As I am an only child, it was up to me to clean out and sell her home. This took up until June. When we signed the contract selling the house, we decided to go up to see my husband's dad. We found him in the bathtub where he had been for 3 days. Needless to say we had to put him in a home also. There was the house to clean out and sell again. When September came, I remembered the gift certificate from my daughter. Imagine my horror to discover it had expired. I called the owner. She said she would give me half of the value if I paid the other half. I agreed and set the date for the day after Thanksgiving. When we arrived, we were disappointed to see that the neighborhood was not so good. The parking was in an alley which you couldn't see because of a large fence. You had to walk around it to the front of the house. When we checked in, we were booked for the wrong day (the next day). The person at the desk said the room was available so we could have it. The room was very small, on the street side and had no shades on the windows for privacy. To be frank, it was dumpy. Not at all like the other B&B's we had stayed in. To make matters worse, the furnace was not working. The whole house was cold. They kept telling us that the furnace man was on his way and they would have heat by evening. It was already 12:00 noon. I had my doubts as to this actually happening. When I talked to the owner about getting a refund for the half she had agreed to give me, she was very ignorant with myself and my husband. We talked to her on the phone and she was so rude that my husband hung up on her and we left. I felt bad for us, but worse for my daughter. She spent $100 on the gift certificate and we got nothing but a bad time. If we had stayed there she would have gotten 1 1/2 times the cost of that room which was worth much less than that. I thought that people in this business were supposed to be gracious and hospitabile. The owners of the Harrison House are in the wrong business. Do yourself a favor if you're thinking of staying here and DON'T.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't go to the Harrison House in Columbus, Ohio
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Nan&Pop
lycaka, Owner at Harrison House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 29, 2007
Harrison House is under new ownership. I purchased this beautiful propery in December 2006, after this review was published. Please take into consideration all of the information in this review and realize that there were many external issues related to the guest visit prior to checkin. I LOVE my new vocation and treat all of my guests as if they were family. Please do not let this review discourage you from staying at my cozy Victorian inn. Since taking possession of the property in December, I have had nothing but rave reviews from my guests. Visit Columbus and stay with us and enjoy the comforts of home in a beautiful Victorian (c. 1890) home. Thank you, Lynn