“Great find near OSU in Columbus”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Columbus
Harrison House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 19 Columbus B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Relaxing alternative to hotel. Fresh brownies for evening snack and fabulous breakfast kept us filled up all day. Great location if you are visiting OSU. We were in room 6 on the 3 rd floor...smelled the bacon all the way up there. Fruit, scones, cinnamon cake, eggs and bacon for breakfast. Stay here!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
harrisonhouseohio, Owner at Harrison House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Ah yes...the "bacon alarm" definitely wafts up to the 3rd floor. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I enjoyed your lively breakfast conversation. Fondly, Lynn

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Four of us - my mother, my two sisters and I - recently spent a cosy winter weekend at Harrison House.

Lynn, the innkeeper, made us feel almost like one of her family, and I'm not kidding: when we arrived, another one of her guests was in the kitchen making a dessert for Lynn's family's upcoming visit. (Later in the evening, our group was invited to join Lynn, her family, and the dessert-creator-guest to sample the venison that the inkeeper's brother had provided for their entree.)

During our visit, we took full advantage of Harrison House's adjacent guest parking and convenient location near the Short North. The four of us spent Saturday afternoon enjoying the area's unique atmosphere and one-of-a-kind shops. And we had a lovely Saturday-evening dinner at Lindey's in German Village. We had a great time and went home with plenty of memories.

Two caveats to future guests: the 3rd floor room created a tad more "family togetherness" than we might have preferred. Granted, our room certainly did sleep four - and when all are horizontal, comfortably - but when the sofa bed is pulled out, it pretty much fills up the room. Also, it might matter to you that one side of the en-suite shower stall is made of glass block so that the body in the shower is vaguely visible to anyone out in the bedroom. Certainly, one does not choose to stay at B&Bs for the predictability, but it seems like this room should be to be fully understood to be fairly anticipated.

Room Tip: The third-floor bedroom sleeps four but very compactly; its glass-block, visible-in-the-bedroom show...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My stay at Harrison House B&B was probably the most short-lived stay of anyone. A couple of weeks ago, my new puppy managed to lock me and my other dog out of our house at 5:30 in the morning! No makeup, no cell phone, hair was a mess, and still in my Jammie's with a newly neutered dog who still had a plastic cone on his head. I should also add that I'm new to Ohio and know hardly anyone in the city still, so I felt extremely alone and scared. After wandering around my neighborhood for about an hour trying to find some way to contact my boyfriend (who was out of town of course) I stumbled upon Lynn's humble abode. She took my dog and me in, fed my hot, fresh coffee and coffee cake, and my dog water and treats. Se let me use her phone and Internet to contact my workplace so I could let the, know I would be late, and she didn't mind that I probably racked her phone bill up quite a bit. At the end of everything, she gave me boxes to patch up the window i ended up having to break and a mop device to reach in and release the metal door jam in the floor. She was incredibly kind, giving, and warm during one of the most stressful moments of my young life so far. I am incredibly grateful for her and her gorgeous home. If you're looking for someone who will treat you with respect and human dignity, cooks better than Paula Dean, and has a comfortable, friendly home, this is your place, hands down. Plus, it's located in one of the most artsy and entertaining areas of Columbus. Thanks for everything, Lynn! You were my mom away from home. <3

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Nicci K
harrisonhouseohio, Owner at Harrison House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Darling Nicci...what a pleasure to meet you and your puppy in your time of need! I'm happy to hear that your break-in was successful and hopefully the door has been replaced by now. Do stop by again and we'll share another cup of coffee or tea. Fondly, Lynn

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Harrison House might be the ultimate B & B!
Lynn, owner and manager is a funny, friendly lady who makes you feel right at home in her historical home. The dining room is my favorite dining room in the whole world, and the food is great. Each time I'm there, she goes out of her way to make my stay memorable, without being intrusive. The rooms are quiet, even on this busy street, the decorating is lovely and the food, oh the food!!! It is my favorite place to stay when away from home.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank MaryAnn D

MaryAnn...always a pleasure to have you as a guest! Maybe we can venture to the "new" Casino on your next visit. xoxoxo Lynn

Reviewed December 15, 2012

While the interior of this B&B may be beautiful and the food divine, we never made it past the front door! We called the Harrison House to inquire about scheduling, at the owner's convenience, a visit since we are planning to rent an entire B&B for several days surrounding an upcoming wedding. The owner was quite rude, advising us that "I don't do this", apparently meaning allowing a potential guest to view in advance what they will be purchasing. She insisted that our only option was to look at photos on-line, which we had already done with only limited success. This owner is in direct contrast to so many gracious B&B operators who grace this industry. Without doubt she was one of valedictorians of the IN-hospitality program that she must have taken to prepare her for her line of work!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
harrisonhouseohio, Owner at Harrison House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

So sorry that you were not able to tour Harrison House on the afternoon that you called. I value the safety and security of my guests and do not give tours when the B&B is booked full. I explained the situation to both of you on the phone. I wasn't rude...I simply could not give you a tour on the only day that you were in town....all of the guest rooms were in use and the only "room" you would have been able to view would have been the foyer.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Years ago i lived just a few blocks from harrison house, and i always thought it was an adorable Victorian b&b. A few weeks ago I was back in town on business and had the opportunity to stay for 3 days, and found it to be just as lovely as i thought it would be. Lynn is a cool lady. She is friendly, funny, and really helpful. She makes a great breakfast and offers free drinks in the evening. The downstairs is a little cluttered, but it is charming nonetheless. The room wasn't fancy, but the bed was comfy and it met all of my needs. Plus its a short drive, or a 20 minute walk to the short north, and is along 2 reliable bus lines. I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have stayed at the Harrison House Bed & Breakfast twice, both times when I came into Columbus from New Jersey for The Ohio Star Ball. I stayed there last year out of necessity because every hotel near the Columbus Convention Center was completely full for the competition. This year, I stayed because there's nowhere else I'd rather go.

The biggest selling point of this B&B is the owner Lynn. When she remembered who I was from the ONE time I stayed last year, I really felt like she was family. Always warm, helpful, and full of funny stories, she is the consummate host. She gave me rides to the convention center both years so I could get to the competition on time. And she always forgave me for leaving my spray-tan residue on the sheets (sorry, Lynn!!!)

The rooms are clean, quaint, and cozy. There is ALWAYS at least one bottle of wine open in the kitchen (free of charge to guests). The breakfasts are freshly-made and tailored to your palate.

Really unbeatable. Well ALWAYS stay here whenever I'm in Columbus.

• Stayed: November 2012
harrisonhouseohio, Owner at Harrison House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Always a pleasure to have you as a guest! You'll be happy to know that Spray N Wash works wonders on spray tan stains!! Poof! Presto! Gone!
Have a glorious year...fun, fun, fun in October and maybe you'll make it back here in the next year or so. xoxoxox, Lynn