“Visited for breakfast”

Ranked #14 of 2,329 Restaurants in Columbus
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Wow this was my first time going here and I will definitely be back. I had the sweet potato hash, my mom had the blueberry smoothie, blueberry buckle and the house-made granola with fruit and yogurt. It was all so good!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place is weird, but in a very good way. You order at the register like a quick-food place, but then you see that serious folks in chef coats are making your food fresh and hot. And the recipes are so interesting & unique. The décor is gorgeous and comfortable. All in all, this is a memorable dining experience, and that's not easy to find. Highly recommend.

1  Thank MarkFromATL
Reviewed May 6, 2018

I took a friend here for a birthday dinner at the recommendation of several locals. It's not a fancy place, but everyone was very nice, and the food was fresh and delicious. I had the Thai burrito with tofu; the veggies were crisp and the peanut sauce sweet and spicy but thankfully not painfully so. I liked that it was served on the side so I could control how much I used (and could've eschewed it entirely had I found it too spicy for my tongue). The tortilla chips on the side were also yummy and went well with my leftover peanut sauce. The birthday girl raved about her citrus crunch salad. Two things kept me from giving this place the full five "stars"; first, I thought the prices were just a teeny bit high. Second, the water from the beverage dispenser had an unpleasant fishy odor, though it wasn't detectable in the taste. Birthday girl noticed it too, but the addition of a lemon helped disguise the smell. Still, I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

When you want good breakfast food you want it done right. Northstar Cafe did not disappoint!! No diner prices here but high quality ingredients and the cooks/chefs know what they are doing. The biscuits are amazing and I recommend the Northstar Hot Chocolate.

Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

This bustling place was within walking distance of my Air BnB apartment and I enjoyed it a lot. The caramelized onion soup and salad were quite tasty and presented in beautiful fashion. For a place where you go to the counter to place your order, the quality of the food was surprisingly high. Think: Upscale, gourmet-ish Panera. I would eat here again.