“Girls' Weekend”

Ranked #8 of 2,263 Restaurants in Columbus
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We LOVE this restaurant and have been here many times (actually ate here twice during 24 hour stay). The breakfast menu offers many vegetarian options and we have enjoyed lots of different choices. Have been here for lunch, but never for dinner. GREAT magazine selection available to read while you eat.

There are newer reviews for Northstar Cafe

Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Really enjoyed my "square meal" last week. Also had a chocolate cookie that was to die for. Really like it here and would recommend it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stopped by the Northstar Restaurant for a late breakfast. They have a limited menu but it is very good. They have fresh brewed coffee and hot tea. You don't tip because they pay well and include that in the price of their food. I had hot tea and my wife chose ice tea to drink. We each had the Frittata that comes with a great biscuit with Michigan berry jam. It also included wonderful potatoes. The Frittata was made up of 3 eggs, roasted mushrooms, cheeses and rosemary. The portion was good and the food quality was excellent. The Frittata was $10.50 and the ice tea was $2 and the hot tea was $2.50 and it was enough for 2 large cups of hot tea. We really enjoyed it and my wife said that it was probably one, if not the best breakfast she has ever had and that says a lot.

We would recommend it highly.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Had my first meal at Northstar Cafe yesterday. I was taken there by a friend of mine that has been a corporate chef for 20+ years. He raved about this place so of course I followed him there. The food is top shelf, the restaurant is very clean and if you want quick service this is the place. Highly recommend the fresh ginger ale. Yes, I said fresh, as in made on site. If you never had fresh ginger ale, you are in for a treat! The meals were hot, delicious and there was plenty of it. Some people may find Northstar a little pricey but, you get what you pay for. I only wish there was a Northstar close to my home!
Kevin from NJ

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I went with some friends for breakfast and ordered pancakes and bacon. The pancakes were delicious but the bacon was surprisingly gross. The service was good and it was a nice environment .