“Nice hotel if in for a hockey game”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #83 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Stayed one night for the Blackhawks visit to Columbus. Room was nice and clean. Hotel seems to have been remodeled lately and the rooms were nice and the TV was a flat screen. All channels worked well. The bed was a bit below average as it was very hard and as we are used to a pillow top at home, neither of us slept very well.

The staff was great and the breakfast the typical Comfort fare. It was well maintained and had plenty for the big crowd.

The parking lot is a bit of a pain to navigate and it's all one way. Fills quickly and there is overflow in an adjacent lot separated by a brick wall.

I would happily stay here again for a short stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Geocarp
CIandSColumbus, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Salutations to Geocarp Indianapolis, Indiana

GO BLACKHAWKS!!!!

First off I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to complete a review on ttripadvisor.com. I am glad you enjoyed your trip to Columbus, Ohio and enjoyed you stay here at our hotel. We take pride in our hotel from the clean room to our professional staff. I hope you can give us another chance in the future to continue to show you the improvements we have made throughout the whole hotel.

Please let me know if I can assist you in any way.
Your comments are taken very seriously and will be used to better our hotel in general from the not so comfy bed to trying to come up with a better solution with our parking lot.
We appreciate your business here at the Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown Columbus, Ohio I hope we see you again in the nearby future maybe for the next hockey game :)

Sincerely

Diana Valdivia,

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites

Reviewed April 5, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Pat T

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I Stayed here with my family over the weekend, and it was very clean. I really appreciated all people going above and beyond to make my stay as comfortable as possible, everyone was very attentive. In the mornings Breakfast was good too, everything was organized. I had no problems with my stay and definitely recommend it to others.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Isabelv0611
CIandSColumbus, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Howdy!!!! Isabelv0611from Columbus, Ohio

First of all I would like to thank you for your time that you took out of your day to complete a review on Tripadvisor.com we really appreciate that. Some guests are always quick to mention "the bad”, but sometimes forget about the positive attributes the Comfort inn & Suites Downtown Columbus, Ohio has to offer. I will be sure to commend my attentive staff for going above and beyond for you and your family to make you stay as comfortable as possible. I am very happy you enjoyed our breakfast.

Thank you for recommending us and again for your time and business we hope to see you and your family again in the future. Please let me know if there is anything I can assist you and your family with in the future.

Sincerely and with great appreciation,

Diana Valdivia

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We booked this hotel because of the price and location of where we were planning on going. We stayed for three nights First thing we noticed was the entrance wasn't in an ideal spot being just past a lighted intersection. Once we checked in, we were impressed with the quick customer service at the desk. The room was a good size, and was fairly clean. It could have used some small maintenance here and there, but for the price, its hard to complain. The housekeeping seemed to be hit and miss. They cleaned some areas, but didn't remove any of the garbage. the beds were comfortable.

The breakfast offered the typical complementary breakfast. Eggs, Sausage, Waffles, Cereal, Yogurt, along with juice and coffee.

There is a gas station across the street, and a Panera Bread just next door, so it was nice to have those close by. There are also a couple of pubs just down the block if you want to go for a drink or two.

Overall, it was a decent stay. Can't say enough about the front desk staff. They were great.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lectral

Hello Lectral Sault ste. Marie:

First thing is first thank you for taking the time to complete a review for our facility here at the Comfort Inn & Suites, Downtown Columbus, Ohio

I am glad the price and location is something you liked and we appreciate you choosing us for that the new Panera bread is right next door and very convenient and the gas station across the street is also a great thing to have close by. We are also surrounded by the German Village and the Brewery District here in Columbus.

It was not bad it was not great is not the response we are looking for. We will take your words and use them to improve our hotel. I am terribly sorry you did not get proper housekeeping service throughout your stay. I have already concluded a meeting with housekeeping and I can assure you that they now know what I expect as acting GM at the facility. I agree when they built the hotel they did not think of the busy intersection that is high street I am sorry you had a hard time getting in our parking lot because of the intersection.

Thank you very much for your kind words towards our frond desk staff I will make sure I threat them to lunch since they treated you and your family well.
I hope you can give us another chance in the future so we can show you the improvements we have made and so you can see that we take our guest reviews very seriously. Please contact me with any questions or concerns or if there is something I can assist you with.

With many thanks,

Diana Valdivia

Reviewed February 13, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed for a three day weekend in late January. The rooms here are cheaper than most places in the downtown Columbus area, but it is obvious why. The parking availability is slim, maybe 10 or 15 spots next to the hotel and half of t hem I would hesitate to park as the lane for cars driving by is incredibly narrow. If you don't find a spot next to the hotel, they have a secondary parking lot separated by a huge wall. Not being familiar with the area, I didn't really feel my car was as safe as it was being parked in one of the few closer spots.

The room was actually a lot nicer than I was expecting, plenty of room to spread out and relax. It was clean and maintained very well. On our second day (the day after we checked in) the room had not be cleaned by housekeeping even though we had no signs to state otherwise. When we notified the front desk they came up in only a few minutes to deliver fresh towels, cups and a new box of tissues. I'm not very fussy about this sort of thing, I rarely make my own bed at home, but when your at a hotel you use your items, such as tissues and cups, with the expectation they will be replaced.

The breakfast was fine, same precooked and reheated food you find at most hotels that offer a hot breakfast. I usually just stick to the cereal and muffins to avoid the sausage patties and round egg pieces. They milk and orange juice was constantly empty, but that was probably because the hotel had the front desk person doing both the checkouts and breakfast.

In fact, over my three day stay, the only staff member I had seen was at the front desk. No one else, not even a manager or supervisor. You would think on a weekend where most of the downtown Columbus area is booked, you would find a couple people working, not just one. Most of their downfalls could most likely be attributed to having only one person on duty during any given day.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris O
ciasdt, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Shout Out! to Chris O from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing us as your home away from home on your three day weekend. I am sorry everything was not to standard like we would like it to have been because "NOT TO BAD" is not the response we are looking for, but with your feedback we will strive to make it better for the next guest or for you and your girlfriend if you give us another chance in the future.

You are right I could you some more back up staff to complete our team, but like any other business sometimes call offs happen especially on a weekend and unfortunately my front desk agent and breakfast attendant called off. I know exactly what weekend it was because I was the girl running around like a chicken with its head cut off I was the breakfast /coffee/ frontdesk and janitor girl that weekend it was something else defiantly got my work out , but we survived.

Service wise that weekend was terrible not as good as it usually is and I admit it. I am not making any excuses, because at the end it’s my responsibility, but all the feedback I take to heart and I will make sure somehow issue is resolved.

I am glad you enjoyed our room it is very spacious and clean. I do apologize that our team did give you service when you stayed I understand why you would be fussy, but I don’t consider you were because you are suppose to get you room serviced when you stay the night especially since you did not have a “do not disturb sign on the door.” I will be discussing all this with my staff to correct them and make sure they don’t do this in the future.

I want to thank you again for your time in completing a review on tripadvisor.com it’s greatly appreciated only with guest comments and suggestions we are able know what our guest like your self are thinking and how they would feel more comfortable because at the end that what’s your paying for hence the name :)

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do and as always we appreciate your business here at the Comfort Inn and Suites Columbus/Downtown. Feel free to contact me anytime I will be happy to hear and assist you in any way possible.
614-228-6511 or gm.oh508@choicehotels.com

With kind regards and great apprecaition,

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I want the management to know how much I appreciated all the kind things you did for our wedding party Very clean rooms Breakfast was good Coffee was even better. but most of all the kindness of the people at the front desk I will be back and will tell everyone what a nice safe clean place this hotel is

Rose

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
ciasdt, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Greeting Rose657,
First off I would like to thank you for your kind words reguarding our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed every aspect of your stay from the rooms to the coffee. I would just like to also say that my entire staff was happy with your praising review it feels good to be acknowledge. I want to let you know they were all rewarded as a token of our appreciation.

Thanks again for your business and your review we will contiue to strive to give everyone the service and the quality of rooms just like you and your wedding party recieved.

With kind reguards and great appreciation,

Reviewed October 26, 2013

This downtown location sits on the very edge of beautiful German Village, a 233-acre neighborhood filled with gorgeous old brick homes and beautiful gardens. From the hotel, it's an easy walk to a 32-room bookstore, the Book Loft, good restaurants and boutique shops. Your car is safe in a good parking lot behind a brick wall and you're within easy driving distance right down High Street to the Capitol and the heart of the Short North area, Italian Village and Victorian Village.

Our first room on the fourth floor smelled of cat urine (someone must have snuck in a pet) and the staff quickly moved us to a clean, quiet, spacious room down the hall. Comfortable mattresses and very adequate breakfast. A great value in a great location -- we'd go back!.

Room Tip: Stay on the fourth floor at the back for quiet away from High Street and facing toward the quiet str...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CarpeDiemDuo
CIandSColumbus, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Hello CarpeDiemDuo from St. Louis, MO:
First off I would like to thank you for your kind review and time that it took for you to rate us.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay here in German Village. on behalf of the staff here at the comfort inn and suites Columbus/ Downtown we want to share our sincere appreciation for your business and we hope we see you again in the future.