“Comfort Suites great place to stay”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #91 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Parker, Pennsylvania
“Comfort Suites great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Easy to find and very clean. The complimentary breakfast was much more than coffee and doughnuts and was very unexpected. It was an easy checkin and checkout. would definitely recommend to anyone going to Ohio Village or Fairgrounds...so close you can walk.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
ciasdt, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Salutations to you Barb P from Parker, Pennsylvania…

First off thank you for writing about your stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites it is greatly appreciated! I am very happy you enjoyed your stay here. Indeed our breakfast has more than just Coffee and Doughnuts it has a variety of options for the whole family. From 2 types of eggs, sausage, 3 types of cereal and fruit to a variety of breads and make your own waffles. We strive at this location for professional, but also speedy customer service so we don’t take a lot of your time to relax or enjoy the day or night life in the beautiful city of Columbus, Ohio. Our location is grand not only are we close to Ohio Village or the Fairgrounds we are also surrounded by the brewery district and the German Village which mean you can do a lot of exploring in this part of town. Thank you for recommending this facility to others with your help others coming in this side of town can also have a wonderful stay and even consider this a home away from home and time they step into Columbus, Ohio.

Once again I would like to thank you for your wonderful response and taking the time to write about this facility I am glad it was easy to find us. With your input we will continue to serve you our guest as well as our potential guest with the best service in a well put together clean environment where you will get your money’s worth.
With many thanks from me and the Comfort Inn & Suites Staff! We hope to see you soon

Diana Valdivia, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Plymouth, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

I didn't know what to expect, but I chose this hotel based on the Trip Advisor ratings.

The hotel is new, and it is evident. It feels clean, which is a great feeling when you are not sleeping in your own bed.

This is what I would consider a cheaper version of Cambria suites. It looks like Cambria, but finishes and decor are Not as nice.

I would definitely recommend it, as long as it is new, it looks great.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ciasdt, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
*****Greetings!!! Opinionmia from Plymouth, Minnesota*****

Thanks so much for your review at tripadvisor.com

The clean fresh feeling is our objective for our entire facility and I am glad you enjoyed it. We will strive to keep our décor and hotel as up to date as possible to give it the “new feeling“and not let it get run down.

I am very glad we met your expectations on your recent stay! Your kind words will help us continue to do our best to provide our guest with an excellent experience. I hope to see you again in the future. Thanks again for taking the time in writing a review for our facility.Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you in the future. Hope you have a safe and fun Labor Day weekend!

Best Wishes :)
Crystal Lake, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

My family stayed here on a Wednesday night. Easy to get to from the interstate, clean, comfortable rooms, refreshing pool, fun neighborhood, tasty breakfast. Easy walk downtown to see the sights. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank momincl
Hello MOMINCL from Crystal Lake, Illinois. First off I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay here at the Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown Columbus, Ohio. We are very happy that you not only enjoyed your time here in Columbus, but that thing that made us happier is that you were pleased with your stay. I just want to say that your comments brightened up our day and put a smile on our face. It feels good to see positive comments because it makes us work harder and even whistle while we work. :D

We will continue to serve you and our future guest with the best positive experience from the greeting when you first walk in our door, the comfortable feeling that you feel while you relax in all the rooms and our best wishes when you depart and head to your next destination.
We really hope you visit us again soon. Thank you and your family so much for your business. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you in the future. Take care and have a wonderful Labor Day weekend! :)

Best Wishes,

Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

This hotel is located 1.6 miles from the arena district. The rooms are modern and clean. Five rooms have patio access to the outdoor swimming pool. The pool is small but well maintained with plenty of seating. The lobby is clean and they offer free breakfast.

The rooms are inexpensive.

• Stayed August 2012
ciasdt, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Hi! Jennifer C from Dayton, Ohio

Thank you so much for your kind review it is a great way to start off the month with a nice pat on the back.

Indeed we have clean a modern feel in the rooms not only that, but we have inexpensive facility with a lot of free amenities like Wi-Fi, parking and breakfast which most of the high end facilities charge for. We are in a well established neighborhood surrounded by German Village, the Brewery District, Arena District, Short North and the Greater Columbus Convention Center all in a 2 Mile radius. Here at the Comfort Inn and Suites downtown Columbus, Ohio we strive for excellence in all departments and we extend our gratitude for taking the time to write out this review :)

Hope to see you guys soon and take care and as always we appreciate your valuable business!

Kind Regards,
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I also work in the business of dealing with people. After reading your response, as I am currently going to be doing some traveling to Columbus in the near future, I was reading reviews on many hotels in the Columbus area, I would love to stay and will stay at Your "Comfort Inn & Suites" when I arrive. Thank you so much for your professional attitude. I'm sorry for the challenge you faced during that time. Hope to see you soon. :)

Martha from Cincinnati :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ciasdt, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Hi Ms. Martha!!! from Cincinnati,

Thank you so much for your compassion during my difficult challenge though we both know it will not be my last :) I would like to extend my appreciation for your support and your consideration in staying with us in the future I promise my fabulous staff and I won’t let you down. I can’t wait to meet you! Your kind words made my day :D

Hope to see you soon and thanks again for everything! Take care.

Sincerely with best wishes,

Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Stayed one night on our way back home. Check in was easy and were given extra towlels when asked for. Room was ok for our needs, clean and a quiet area of the property. Did not find the pool to be inviting so we skipped it. Resturants are close by, but it is a busy part of the city and traffic was a bit of a bother. Breakfast was not as good as others we have stayed in, but we still ate there. Good, safe area, modest hotel, would probably go back if our travels take us there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your home away from home! I am sorry you everything was just ok. We will try harder to be more than just ok and to meet all your satisfaction as well as our future guest. I am sorry there was a lot of traffic that day this location is surrounded by German Village and the Brewery District so it does tend to get very busy because its history is so appreciated and popular in the area. I want to thank you for the positive feedback that you mentioned in your review :) and the staff and I hope to see you and your family in the future so you can give us a better chance to serve you.
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about our facility and as always your business is really appreciated,

Take care and best wishes!

Belmont, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last Saturday night. We stayed there because it was the closest place to the party we were attending. I booked online and the rate was sooooo high -- $185.00!!! But I thought we would give it a try. When we arrived we told the very nice desk clerk that we thought the rate was too high and that my husband had a current military ID, we belonged to AAA and we were government employees, and he kindly lowered the rate to $80.00. The hotel room was just OK -- I would not have paid $185.00 to stay here. $80.00 was closer to what it was worth. The room was dated. The carpet was dirty. The shower curtain had a huge hole (bowling ball size) ripped in it. The bed had a bedspread on it which led us to believe it isn't washed between guests. We prefer that all of the bedding be washed between guests. We did not eat breakfast there and we did not use the pool. Frankly, if it wasn't for the location, it is not the kind of place we would stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Buffalo51 from Belmont, North Carolina

First of all I would like to thank you for writing your experience on our trip advisor page. I am sorry you had a bad occurrence at our location. Here at the comfort inn and suites we strive to have our guest satisfied and I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your satisfaction! I am sorry the internet rate was so high for that weekend unfortunately I can’t control that, but I am glad my guest service attendant was able to apply your discounts. I will look into the issue of the bed spread and the shower curtain and all the ther issues you had to insure that we fix it for the next guest. It feels terrible to know that the only thing that was good in our facility was the location. My team and I extend our apologies to you and your husband for the bad experience in our hotel and we will work harder to satisfiy every guest that comes to our facility.

I want to thank you again for your comments and because you took your time to tell us what we need to improve on we will work hard to do so, because we do not have a repeat incident to take place!

Sincerely and with Kind Regards,