“BEWARE: Discounted Travelers”

Best Western Suites
Ranked #20 of 146 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We booked a king non-smoking. When we checked in at 3 pm, they claimed to only have a smoking room. We asked for ANY non-smoking room, they simply said "we're booked." At 3 pm, they surely had another room, but (I'm guessing) since we used a discounted internet program, they chose US to compromise with. The smoke smell in the room was AWLFUL! They insisted that their "machines" cleaned the room of the smell. We did enjoy the warm pool; the hot tub (about 106 degrees) was too hot for most of us to enjoy for very long. IF THEY'RE NOT BOOKED, you should have a nice enough stay: we just had no indication they were full nor would not honor our room request.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank LLLR111

Reviewed March 16, 2012

The front desk was quick and cordial upon check-in.
Hotel exterior and interior hallways were clean and relatively updated.
The parking lot was awkward and somewhat limited but I had no trouble finding a spot.
I would not want to be towing a uhaul trailer in this parking lot.
I stayed in a king size non-smoking room, with a couch.
Inside of the room was clean and updated.
Bathtub was clean and bathroom was relatively large.
Bed sheets were clean.
Internet worked well until 10:00, at which time it slowed way down to nearly phone modem speed.
Indoor pool was clean and not being used.
I used the workout room which had one or two treadmills and I think an elliptical, and a TV. The treadmill worked well.
Breakfast was sparse, but if all you want is a bagel and creamcheese you should be good. Coffee was tough to drink.
This hotel was better compared to other best westerns I've stayed at.

TIP: If you want to head west on the interstate from this interchange, leave ample time in the morning. I waited for 30 minutes there because of heavy traffic.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for three nights on a trip to Columbus. It was exactly what we were looking for in a hotel: clean, convenient, and moderately priced. The pool, hot tub, and sauna were great and we enjoyed the continental breakfast a lot.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SamanthaCumbow
Reviewed January 4, 2012

We're moving across the country, in January. We had to avoid the Lakes on I80 because of a serious lake effect so we headed south to Columbus. The trip was exhausting as I was driving a 24 ft. Uhaul pulling a full size car carrier for the first time.

By the time we arrived, I was a nervous wreck, several snow squalls and white outs behind us. We had a fantastic experience with ALL of the staff of this hotel.

Having 4 dogs with us, 1 adult, and a child we had to get two rooms. It was pricey but we had a place for the night.
10 year old LOVED the pool and I relaxed in the hottub.

We ordered pizza delivered because of the dogs. It was AWESOME! There was a Steak and Shake, and several other restaurants in the area. The best part of this hotel is the HUGE acres of open field out front between it and the road. I was able to take the dogs for a safe run several times during our visit to get them their exercise and to get them use to this travelling thing.

I would DEFINITELY recommend this place. One bit of warning, DO NOT go into the Courtyard Hotel next door if you are pulling anything or driving anything large.

It is a DEAD END. I had my first experience having to back up the trailer there, it took about 50 back and forth and back and forths to get us out of that trap, but we made it!

Go here and say Hi to Cindy the manager...She is our savior!

Room Tip: Love pet friendly hotels that put you right by a door to exit and enter for the evening rituals! I...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I have stayed at this particular hotel at least 10 years running. It has always been my first choice when visiting the Hilliard area. This year however (Oct. 29,30 2011) I noticed that the hotel had lost it's usual splendid appearance. It was apparent that the lobby, hallway areas, and rooms had been painted with the same cream colored paint. Problem is that the paint was just single coated and you could see the underneath color and it was very streaky. There were holes in the walls where something was removed, but not plastered over, just painted holes. Even in the breakfast area, it was the same senario. Previous borders were not removed before the repainting and just painted over, and you could see peeling repainted boarders. Very unattractive! Paint splotches on the curtains as well.
We requested another room, but the same issues were there also.
I am used to a certain visual standard when I come to Best Western Suites and this was very dissapointing. On the other hand, the rooms were neat, tidy and clean and most importantly.........No Bugs!!!!!
A little on the fence about returning to my favorite hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank James T
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I have stayed at many hotels, and I found this Best Western to be exceptional. The room was affordable and exactly what I needed. The customer service definitely exceeded my expectations! Thank you!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed September 5, 2011

The people here were great. When we checked in a car wreck had knocked the power out but they helped us to our rooms with flashlights and the power was back on in 2 hours.
Room cleaners were very friendly and everyone always ready to help. Breakfast was nice and it was a busy weekend but they kept it stocked~!! The pool was a great family area~!! We picked this place for a family reunion because it was close to everything~!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family