“3rd room was a charm!”

Ranked #20 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Long Island, NY
“3rd room was a charm!”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I found this hotel through Priceline, and booked a room due to the cost, the location, and the amenities that were offered (I have 3 small children, so the pool, refrigerator and microwave were a plus!). Check in was quick and easy, however when we arrived at our non-smoking room on the 2nd floor I was upset to find mold and mildew growing above the shower. We spoke to the hotel front desk and were given another room on the 1st floor near the pool. This room had a strange odor and after 1 night in the room we asked to switch rooms. As it turned out, the 2nd room they gave us was a smoking room, which contributed to the smell. Our third room on the 2nd floor was clean, odorless, and very comfortable (and non-smoking as we had originally requested). The staff at the hotel were very friendly and accommodating. We made use of the pool and hot tub. My kids loved the pool, however it was over chlorinated and caused a lot of pain to their eyes. The pool room also was very warm. They could do with more ventilation in that area. The complementary breakfast was perfect for my family and had several choices. We visit the Hilliard area every summer, and despite the initial problems with the rooms, I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Virginia
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We chose this Best Western for its location and reasonable price and were not disappointed.

The lobby area is attractive. There is plenty of space for out-of-room socializing. The staff were friendly and efficient.

The rooms were comfortable. The bed had crispy clean sheets and was quite welcoming for sleep. There was no surrounding noise that we noted.

The expanded continental breakfast was o.k.

We had a no-smoking room but were able to smell smoke outside our room.

We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
BWManagerKristin, General Manager at Best Western Suites, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
On behalf of the Best Western Suites in Columbus, we thank you for your review! It means so much to us that our guests are comfortable and happy here. Thank you for takling the time to inform other guests about our service and accommodations. Should you ever need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed May 24, 2011

Worst hotel I have ever stayed in. And being a business traveler, I've stayed in plenty.

My family was in Columbus for a volleyball tournament, and the team picked this hotel because it was somewhat close to the Convention Center, and on the cheaper side. What a mistake! First off, we were on the 2nd floor, and as soon as you walk through the doors for the 2nd floor, you smell smoke. Even though we were given a smoking room because it was one of the last available (we are not smokers), we decided to take it to stay with the team. However, there are non-smoking rooms on that same floor. I can guarentee those rooms also smelled like smoke just like ours did.

The room itself was disgusting. Dirty carpet, old peeling wallpaper, stains on the couch, the shower curtain was holy as if moths had gotten to it. I demanded my wife and daughter wear shoes or slippers while in the room.

Then, when we asked for directions to the Convention Center, the guy behind the front desk told us what exit to take in Columbus. Unfortunately, there was no exit with the name he gave us. Made for a terrible start to the day.

The only positive about this hotel was the free breakfast. There were a few different choices instead of just bagels and toast like other continental breakfasts.

Room Tip: My tip - Don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
ManagerKristin, General Manager at Best Western Suites, responded to this review, May 30, 2011
Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations in any way. Your feedback is important to us, and is taken seriously.
I understand your concern regarding the smoke, and I am so sorry for this! I also understand the need for newer accomodations, and am pleased to inform you that renovations will be soon! We will keep updating our product to ensure our guests stays are as comfortable as possible!
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our breakfast! I am glad our guests are enjoying our hot and cold menu choices.
If I can ever be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Southern California
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Conveniently located just west of Columbus on the Interstate, this was the first all suite BW we have stayed at. We found it due to a coupon from one of those roadside magazines, and it was a great find, especially at the coupon rate.

The rooms are very large and comfortable, with refrig and microwave. No freeway noise even though our room was on the Interstate side.

Breakfast was the usual, served in a cheery and well maintained room.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
BWManagerKristin, General Manager at Best Western Suites, responded to this review, October 6, 2010
Thank you so much for your kind response! We appreciate you staying with us at Best Western Suites- Columbus West! Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever help you further. It's always a pleasure to speak with our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back when you return to Columbus, OH.
Baraboo, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 16, 2010

We stayed here for two nights while we visited the Columbus Zoo. The staff was friendly, the room was clean, the breakfast was awesome, the price was great! We would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
BWManagerKristin, Manager at Best Western Suites, responded to this review, August 18, 2010
Thank you for being our guest at Best Western Suites- Columbus West!
Your kind review was noticed and appreciated more than words can say. Thank you for recommending our hotel to other travelers. We hope to see you again soon!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 12, 2010

This hotel had the location we needed at a great price. The rooms are not new, but are well maintained and clean. We did not have any issues with water pressure or tempurature as previous posters mentioned. The only negative was that they were working on the pool filter the morning we were leaving, so we didn't get to use it. My husband really liked the workout room, though. Our room was really nice, it had a fridge and microwave as well as a pullout couch in its own little living room area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
BWManagerKristin, Manager at Best Western Suites, responded to this review, July 13, 2010
Thank you for your response and posting regarding your recent visit to Best Western Suites, Columbus West! On behalf of the entire staff we extend our deepest thanks and gratitude. It means so much to us that our guests are enjoying their time here. We consider all guests as family, and look forward to your return!

Reviewed July 10, 2010

We arrived late night. Was empressed. The next morning we went to use the shower and there was no hot water. We ran the shower for 10 min. Still no hot water. Tried the sink ran the water 10 min. Still no hot water it was 5:30 am. Went to the front desk . No help there he didn't have a key to check if the hot water heater was working in our section. Told us someone took home the key. Told us sorry. Unfortunately we are there for the next 3 days. We got a good rate but if we go somewhere else we have to pay premium price since it would be considered last min. So we are stuck. I know we
had the water turned the right direction. we get ready to leave at
7 am and now there is hot water. Hopefully next time we try we'll get lucky. Cold showers are fine when u r camping but when u go to a hotel.

• Stayed July 2010
BWManagerKristin, Manager at Best Western Suites, responded to this review, July 12, 2010
Thank you for your review. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced. I assure you I take all gust feedback seriously. It is my goal not only to meet expectations, but exceed them!
I know you ranked all other areas very high, and I assure you this concern will be remedied for you, and all future guests.
Thank you for being our guest!