“Great selection on menu but, quality of foods was inconsistent”

Matt the Miller's Tavern
Order Online
Ranked #85 of 2,566 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Description: Looking for a fun place to enjoy craft beers and delicious food? Our upscale tavern a chef-driven of tavern favorites with a unique twist. We offer the finest and freshest ingredients in every dish to enlighten every bite you take. In addition to offering a comfortable atmosphere and delicious food, we are very passionate about beer and wine. We even offer a full bar if you are in the mood for a delicious cocktail. So stop by for lunch, dinner, or even brunch to enjoy our Ultimat™ Bloody Mary Bar.
Reviewed April 13, 2019

There were four of us at dinner and for two of us, it was our first time at this restaurant. The service, by Miles, was great!

Among us we ordered fish and chips, flatbread with crab, two salads- one with salmon, and the pasta/shrimp/sausage dish.

Rated highest was the fish and chips. Not so great was my salad. The greens were not as fresh as I would expect and the salmon was overcooked- fried, it seemed. I had asked for the salmon to be cooked "medium". It was fresh, though, with no fishy taste. We were seated in a little room away from the larger crowd - which was so nice at first but then our little room was filled with very loud people. I know this is not the fault of the restaurant staff, but it did affect our enjoyment of the experience since we could no longer converse.

Date of visit: April 2019
CLBRestaurants, Guest Relations Manager at Matt the Miller's Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2019

I'm sorry that you didn't feel the food was consistent for your entire party. I hope that the server, Miles, and the management staff were able to make it right for you. If you ever have an issue or don't enjoy a meal don't hesitate to let them know! We want to make sure that every guest leaves happy and satisfied with the service and food quality! We will use these comments to help us to get better. Thank you for dining with us and we hope you will join us again,

Reviewed April 8, 2019 via mobile

I had a hard time rating this place, our server was amazing. She was so friendly but the quality of food for the price was not worth it. The food was good but I felt we could have went somewhere else and got what we had but for cheaper. Our server is what made our experience. She bent over backwards for us and made us feel welcomed.

Date of visit: April 2019
CLBRestaurants, Guest Relations Manager at Matt the Miller's Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2019

I'm sorry to hear you weren't a big fan of the food during your visit. I am glad, however, that your server helped to make your experience better. If you ever have any comments, complaints, etc about the food we have managers around at all times to fix issues such as these. We would have been happy to replace your meal with something that you might have enjoyed better! Since we weren't able to fix it for you during your visit I'd love if you could give us a chance to make it right. If you wouldn't mind emailing me, referencing your visit, and sending your address I'd love to send out a gift certificate for you to use on your next visit.

Reviewed April 1, 2019

Four of us went to lunch around noon. We had reservations. We sat in the lower level. The music was so loud that I couldn't hear the woman next to me. she asked the waitress if she could please have the music turned down. She did and said that it was even loud for the servers. One person ordered chicken salad, one ordered a chicken sandwich and fries and two people ordered the fish and chips. The fries were at room temperature and limp! The chicken salad was barely the size of an ice cream scoop. The chicken sandwich was fair. The fish was not worth mentioning. When we left, two members needed to use the restrooms. One was barely able to walk, and he had to climb the 2-3 steps up to the bar level. Ridiculous to have a handicapped accessible front door and no way to use the restrooms. I don't understand why people keep going to this restaurant at Gemini Place.

Date of visit: March 2019
CLBRestaurants, Guest Relations Manager at Matt the Miller's Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2019

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your experience. All of our locations do have a handicap accessible ramp to the restroom. At our Gemini location that ramp is located on the other side of the bar, closest to the restroom. I'm sorry that you were not led to it. As for the food I apologize that the quality was not to your liking. When you alerted your server I hope that the manager was able to come over as it is our job to make sure that the food is of high quality and that guests enjoy their experience. We are happy to remake, adjust or replace any item that is not to the guests enjoyment. As you left with a bad experience I would love for the opportunity to make it up to you. If you wouldn't mind emailing me your address - referencing your visit to our Gemini location - I would love to send you a gift certificate to try us again so that we may wow you with the true Matt The Miller's experience. I hope to hear from you.

Kristin Hlavin - K.Hlavin@CLBRestaurants.com

Reviewed February 25, 2019

Food and Service is awesome! I suggest the Bavarian pretzel bites as an appetizer and the AHI Tuna flatbread as your main meal. All the food is good but those are just my favorites.

Date of visit: February 2019
CLBRestaurants, Guest Relations Manager at Matt the Miller's Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2019

Thank you for your review, Jason! You picked two of my top favorites as well. We're glad that the food and service were both awesome during your visit and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 13, 2019 via mobile

Stopped by for lunch before a day of shopping. The menu offers a variety of choices. Services was accommodating and friendly. We have visited several locations of this restaurant and have not been disappointed by the service, food or conditions of the restaurant

Date of visit: February 2019
CLBRestaurants, Public Relations Manager at Matt the Miller's Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2019

Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear that our restaurants have treated you well across the board. We look forward to seeing you again soon.