“Surprisingly nice hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus-Easton Area
Ranked #16 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed March 21, 2009

My family and I were attending a family event in the Columbus area, and this was the hotel chosen for guests of the event. I had very minimal expectations, but I was very pleasantly surprised. The hotel is very clean, and the rooms were nicely decorated for a hotel of this class including pleasant colors, comfortable beds, and a flat screen HDTV. This was defninitely not the worn, minimally decorated look that I have come to expect for Hampton Inns, Comfort Inns and the like. My only complaint would be with the compimentary breakfast which was worse than what I have experienced at similar hotels. Overall though, I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed February 28, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for the location. His son was moving in the area and I got the room using Hampton points so the room was free. Newer hotel in great location near Easton Mall and stores. Hotel was crowded but our room was quiet. Not as fancy as the pictures on the website but still very nice and clean.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2008

The service at this hotel was terrible. The woman at the front desk was clueless. The hotel booked the wrong reservation. The woman at the front desk refused to book another room for fear that we may get charged twice. We didn't stay at the hotel but were charged three separate times. We wasted more time dealing with the problems than we spent at the property.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dagmaramach
Reviewed September 24, 2008

My girlfriends and I had booked a double suite at this hotel for a weekend of shopping. When we arived, we were given a room with one bed. When we called the front desk, we were told that our room had been given away and that we could sleep on the sofa bed. We said that we didn't feel that we should have to pay $150.00 a night to sleep on a sofa. She offered us no kind of compensation or apology for what had happened. I am a Hilton Honors member and alway try to stay at a Hilton family hotel. I have never been treated so rudely. The manager on duty told us to take the room or leave. We did leave and went to the Hilton at Easton where we were treated wonderfully. The manager gave us a beautiful room with club level privilages and free breakfast buffets for the same price as we were going to pay at the Hampton. When in Columbus, go to the Hilton. It is a beautiful hotel!! I would sleep in my car before I would go back to the Hampton Inn. The main manager of the Hampton Inn did write and apologize for what had happened.. They just need to make sure the manager in charge has a few people skills before they turn her loose on a busy weekend!!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank sunone63
Reviewed August 23, 2008

I was looking for a nice hotel to stay close to Easton area for my 8th anniversary. Overall hotel is nice w/ friendly front desk, great breakfast, and very clean. Though, my sleep was horrible becasue of the loud air condition units in the rooms. I was moved once because i thought we just had a noisy one, but the next rom was the same. When the compressor kicks on the whole unit vibrates and was loud enough to continue to wake me up many times throughout the night. I won't try and sleep there again. I thought the room was a little small for the price also.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank wildwish
Reviewed August 19, 2008

I had to make a reservation one morning for an out of town business stay that evening. I had just stayed at another Hampton Inn while on vacation, so decided to try that brand again.

On arrival, the check in process went smoothly. The lobby was very nicely decorated and the breakfast area was big, clean and nicely decorated. The room was very nice and modernly decorated. It was comfortable and the bathroom was nice.

The only downside was when I needed to use a computer and went to the business center and there was a family using all 3 computers. After dinner, I had no problem getting on the computer.

The property is about a mile or so from Easton Town Center and I didn't really feel like walking there for dinner as it is all busy roads. Easton Town Center is really nice with lots of dining options.

Probably the only downside to the Hampton Inn chain is that they don't have a restaurant or bar, but the room was definitely nice and I am glad I went with that choice.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank mcd63
Reviewed July 7, 2008

Booked this hotel along with another couple for 2 rooms for July 4th. Visiting my brother-in-law's family for the holiday which was only 2 miles away in Gahanna. When we arrived I asked for King rooms if possible since we had booked queens sized double rooms and didn't need the extra beds since plans for having grandchildren stay with us fell through. The other couple's room was a king-size non-smoking with a beautiful glassed in shower. My husband (he smokes)and I requested smoking and when I opened the door we had received the king-size suite with sitting area for the same price I had booked through AAA for $89. What a surprise. Gorgeous new room with modern furnishings and everything smelled new and clean even though it was a smoking room. Comfortable bed and linens, bathroom (without the beautiful glass shower)that had a sensor light that lit up during the night if you had to use the bathroom without fumbling for switches or having to leave a light on all night. We also had a bird's eye view of the fire works in Gahanna from our window. What was a little strange was that we were on the 5th floor and smoking and non-smoking rooms were mixed together on the same floor. What we didn't smell was any smoke odor on the entire floor so maybe they use something special to keep the smoking rooms fresh. The breakfast was good with both hot and cold items available. Didn't get a chance to use the pool or hottub as we were involved with family activities and only use the hotel to sleep. Would definitely book again next year as this is an annual family outing over 4th of July. this hotel is close to Easton Mall and had places close by for food, gas, Sam's Club, etc. This was by far the best hotel we have ever stayed at when we visit yearly.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)