“Rude Staff”

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus-Easton Area
Ranked #16 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I'm a Hilton Honors Diamond member and usually always receive great service at Hampton Inns. This one is an exception. The area dining is great, a lot to choose from with a variety of different cuisines. The hotel itself is very clean and modern and has very nice rooms.

That said, if it's service you desire, refrain from staying at this hotel. The staff is extremely rude and unwilling to help you if it goes against their "policy". Most Hamptons will fudge the rules to help their guests, not here. I've stayed at this hotel dozens of times and the service is always the same. I even spoke with the General Manager, she was just as rude as the rest. There are a lot of hotels in the area, I suggest one other than this if you like helpful service.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff. Our guests’ happiness is our number one priority here; we want to make sure that you know that. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.

Have a Blessed Day!

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I enjoy much about the Hampton Inn at Easton in the Columbus, Ohio area. Great shopping and restaruants near by at the Easton Town Center. However, there is clearly a lack of training given to the front desk and housekeeping staff. I lay this blame at the feet of the General Manager. Let me be specific. My room was not cleaned/refreshed one day during an extended visit and I ask the front desk why. They told me that "some guests don't like to have staff enter their room so if you want to have your room cleaned you need to tell us". Are you kidding me? I've stayed thousands of nights in hotel room and NEVER, EVER have I ever been expected to tell the staff that I wanted my room cleaned!!! This is clearly an Operational issue and the ultimate person responsible is the GM. Where is the training? Where is the oversite? Where is the knowledge sharing that every room is cleaned every night!!! Period. End of story.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask to have your room cleaned!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Matt F
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stopped here for the night on our way to The Greenbriar. We try to stay @ a Hampton when we are traveling to areas we haven't been to before to avoid any surprises. This property was excellent. I just think $149 was way to much. They wouldn't budge on the price and we were tired from traveling so we paid it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I often stay at the Hampton in Columbus, and recently encouraged co-workers to reserve there instead of the Hotels right next to Easton. The staff at Hampton has always gone above and beyond in my past experiences, so my disappointment tonight was enormous. The lack of concern, customer care, understanding and zero attempt to "make it right" was appalling.

I always reserve Non-Smoking King room. I developed brochial asthma after a bad illness and cannot sleep in a Smoker's room. Che checked me in tonight and gave me a Smoker's room. When I came back down to request another room, she simply stated that was the room that was reserved for me and they were sold out. When I showed her my confirmation profile reserved nonsmoking King, she simply said the room was assigned to me and she had nothing else to offer. A gentleman then came in after me, checked into his "non-smoking" room and went up. Why couldn't she offer me his room and let him deal with the Smoker's room? I was also shocked that she made no attempt to reserve a room for me at another hotel. She never even offered an apology.

I called my travel agency, who immediately found another hotel for me, and contacted Che to have the charges reversed from my checkin. Che said she wasn't authorized to reverse the charges or change my room. Who leaves someone "in charge" of evening check in, with no authority to "make things right" for a customer? Che advised she could do nothing, and we'd have to speak with the general manager in the morning.

I'm utterly disappointed, as I preferred staying at the Hampton... until today. I'm supposed to come back in two weeks, with co-workers, however, we shall see how the general manager handles this matter.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Angela S
airforce01, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus-Easton Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Thank you so much for connecting with me yesterday, I have also spoken to your travel department and have reversed all your charges, I truly apologize for the mistake and we look forward to serving your lodging needs while you visit Abbott in Columbus, OH. If you need anything from us please feel free to reach out to me anytime!

Have a wonderful day,

Reviewed May 30, 2012

With Hampton Inn's you know what you are getting. The front desk was quick with the check in, the room was nice and clean. I really like the mattress and the linens that this hotel chain uses. On the downside the TV remote didn't work very well, the AC was quirky and in my opinion it is overpriced at around $139 a night plus tax, just because its across the Highway from Easton mall.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Not only is the pool dirty....it smells like dead fish, mold on side walls, and so cloudy that u can't see ur own hands, let alone feet. The hot tub is more like stagnant and cold water. Such a disappointment. Room is clean and acceptable.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I am sitting here at midnight writing this truly regretting ever coming here. The hotel is clean etc, but check in was slow and arduous, there are children running up and down the halls, slamming doors and screaming. It's going to be a long night. It's way overpriced and not really next to Easton. I was told by a staff member it was within walking distance but not across these busy roads!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
airforce01, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus-Easton Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor, please feel free to contact me about your reservation, we want you to be completely satisfied. This is definitely not our normal standard of service and we want to resolve any problems. I look forward to hearing from you.

All my best,