“Great location”

Ranked #18 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Indiana
“Great location”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stopped here for the night on our way to The Greenbriar. We try to stay @ a Hampton when we are traveling to areas we haven't been to before to avoid any surprises. This property was excellent. I just think $149 was way to much. They wouldn't budge on the price and we were tired from traveling so we paid it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Chicago
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I often stay at the Hampton in Columbus, and recently encouraged co-workers to reserve there instead of the Hotels right next to Easton. The staff at Hampton has always gone above and beyond in my past experiences, so my disappointment tonight was enormous. The lack of concern, customer care, understanding and zero attempt to "make it right" was appalling.

I always reserve Non-Smoking King room. I developed brochial asthma after a bad illness and cannot sleep in a Smoker's room. Che checked me in tonight and gave me a Smoker's room. When I came back down to request another room, she simply stated that was the room that was reserved for me and they were sold out. When I showed her my confirmation profile reserved nonsmoking King, she simply said the room was assigned to me and she had nothing else to offer. A gentleman then came in after me, checked into his "non-smoking" room and went up. Why couldn't she offer me his room and let him deal with the Smoker's room? I was also shocked that she made no attempt to reserve a room for me at another hotel. She never even offered an apology.

I called my travel agency, who immediately found another hotel for me, and contacted Che to have the charges reversed from my checkin. Che said she wasn't authorized to reverse the charges or change my room. Who leaves someone "in charge" of evening check in, with no authority to "make things right" for a customer? Che advised she could do nothing, and we'd have to speak with the general manager in the morning.

I'm utterly disappointed, as I preferred staying at the Hampton... until today. I'm supposed to come back in two weeks, with co-workers, however, we shall see how the general manager handles this matter.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Angela S
airforce01, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus-Easton Area, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Thank you so much for connecting with me yesterday, I have also spoken to your travel department and have reversed all your charges, I truly apologize for the mistake and we look forward to serving your lodging needs while you visit Abbott in Columbus, OH. If you need anything from us please feel free to reach out to me anytime!

Have a wonderful day,
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed May 30, 2012

With Hampton Inn's you know what you are getting. The front desk was quick with the check in, the room was nice and clean. I really like the mattress and the linens that this hotel chain uses. On the downside the TV remote didn't work very well, the AC was quirky and in my opinion it is overpriced at around $139 a night plus tax, just because its across the Highway from Easton mall.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Not only is the pool dirty....it smells like dead fish, mold on side walls, and so cloudy that u can't see ur own hands, let alone feet. The hot tub is more like stagnant and cold water. Such a disappointment. Room is clean and acceptable.

• Stayed May 2012
ky
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I am sitting here at midnight writing this truly regretting ever coming here. The hotel is clean etc, but check in was slow and arduous, there are children running up and down the halls, slamming doors and screaming. It's going to be a long night. It's way overpriced and not really next to Easton. I was told by a staff member it was within walking distance but not across these busy roads!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
airforce01, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus-Easton Area, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor, please feel free to contact me about your reservation, we want you to be completely satisfied. This is definitely not our normal standard of service and we want to resolve any problems. I look forward to hearing from you.

All my best,
Hampton Easton
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed May 10, 2012

The hotel was great. The location was great; we had easy access to restaurants, shopping centers. The Easton Mall was nice! The room was great, really comfortable and very clean. The staff was very professional and kind. The breakfast was great. Tracy H. provided the greatest customer service ever during morning breakfast. If we are ever in the area again, we will definitely stay at this Hampton Inn & Suites. We are Hilton Honors members and we can say that this was one of the best hotels we've stayed at.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
New York
Reviewed April 12, 2012

The rooms are clean, the service is friendly and first thing in the morning they have the nicest hotel breakfast prepared with care by Tracy. Everyone greets you with a friendly smile and it's a comfortable, clean place to come back to after a long day of working or shopping, or whatever brought you to the area!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
airforce01, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus-Easton Area, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Thank you for sharing your lodging experience with all the folks looking on trip advisor. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future!

Thanks,