“Great weekday stop in Short North District”
Review of Marcella's

Marcella's
Reserve with OpenTable
Marcella's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 2,314 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Fall in love with your food. Good friends, good food, love of family, and a place where it all comes together. That's Marcella's, a bustling Italian cafe where you can forget your worries, live in the moment, and appreciate the quality of everything life has to offer. The food is real Italian - simple and uncomplicated. The atmosphere is welcoming and the hospitality genuine. And here, you'll find great wines and handcrafted cocktails that will perfectly complement both your love of food and your love of life!
Reviewed July 23, 2014

While on a business trip to Columbus, I took advice from a local and drove downtown to eat at Marcella's. The food tasted authentic. The waiter recommended the braised meatball and the gnocchi bolognese. Both were excellent and reasonably priced.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I am in no way a foodie. The wife and I stopped in, sat in the front by the open big window. (Cool idea!) I ordered two appetizers. The first was prosciutto and cantaloupe. I wish I was a better writer to be able to describe how fresh everything was. The combinations of the salty and sweet flavors was incredible! The other side we shared was a cheese plate. There were maybe seven cheeses to choose from. We picked a goat, cow, and sheep's milk cheese. Accompanying them were an apricot sauce and honey. Each brought out the creaminess if the cheeses.

The atmosphere was fun, the service was good, the drinks were cold, and I didn't want to leave.

If ever in Columbus again, we'd be back in a heartbeat.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We have been to Marcella's at least 5 times every time we are in Columbus. It is conveniently near the convention center and most hotels in Downtown. All the servers are fun and informative about the menu. The only bad dish in this restaurant to me, ironically, is their famous meatball. I've had several other large meatballs before and I do not feel these meatballs are anything special. However with that being said, they make up for it in every other dish they make. Also very reasonable pricing and a great wine selection. The one issue with this restaurant is everyone knows about it, so it is always smart to plan ahead and make a reservation. We will continue to come back again and again!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

When I first contacted the restaurant for a reservation, we were a large party and they could not seat us at the time we wanted unless we split up. I said that was OK, but if something changes please let me know. Well, the morning of our reservation Alex called me very nicely to let me know they could seat the entire party together. We then had to change our time, however, the staff was very accommodating. We were seated immediately, and the food was delicious. Great pizza, salads and entrees. Everyone in our party loved the food. Service was great also. Next time I visit Columbus, this is definitely on my list to visit!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I visit Restaurants based on their reviews, that being said I wasn't sure what to expect after reading the "busted" review. My Wife and I visited the restaurant on a busy night and were delighted with the service we received that evening. The food was amazing and the wine selections were spot on. The atmosphere is an authentic Italian feel with authentic food and wine service. Both my wife and I were a little puzzled with the misleading review we read about this restaurant and their wine service. we received stellar attention and were helped with the selections. the bottle was opened at the table and decanted in front of us as well as everyone else who ordered a bottle of wine in the restaurant. the table service we received was amazing and true to authentic Italian dining. It's a shame that other guests can't understand that not every restaurant is going to give them the white tablecloth, white glove, service that they have become accustomed to. Lets be open minded when we verbally bash a very nice restaurant!

2  Thank marc h