“Melts in your mouth good!”
Review of Marcella's

Marcella's
Reserve with OpenTable
Marcella's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 2,276 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Fall in love with your food. Good friends, good food, love of family, and a place where it all comes together. That's Marcella's, a bustling Italian cafe where you can forget your worries, live in the moment, and appreciate the quality of everything life has to offer. The food is real Italian - simple and uncomplicated. The atmosphere is welcoming and the hospitality genuine. And here, you'll find great wines and handcrafted cocktails that will perfectly complement both your love of food and your love of life!
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My first visit with some girlfriends. We had a 5:30 reservation on a Gallery Hop Saturday night. We were early, but still seated right away. Our server was very friendly and attentive. The food was delish! We ordered a variety of tapas items to share.
Zucchini Parmesan - my favorite of the night. Thinly sliced, lightly seasoned in grated parm and spices, and sauteed.
Parmesan Crusted Onions- Thick slices of onions, almost like an onion steak, with parmesan crusted topping. This was ok. We were the least impressed with this.
Margherita Pizza - Pretty standard, simple yet flavorful.
Melted Pecorino Cheese - Very tasty! Who doesn't love slightly crusty cheese served in a skillet? Cheese on top of the bread, topped with a paper thin slice of granny smith apple and drizzle honey on top. Delish, and my second favorite of the night.
Veal Meatball - VERY tender and very flavorful. Large enough to share.
Sweet Italian Sausage - I enjoyed the peppers, onions and sauce with goat cheese more than I did the sausage itself, sausage was average.
Prosciutto Bruschetta - Thickly sliced bread, delish creamy ricotta, very good.
Ravioli Mezzaluna - The only item I didn't sample because I was stuffed, but the others in my party loved it. (Goat cheese and bacon? What's not to love??)

The only thing I don't care for is feeling like I'm packed in like a sardine in the restaurant. I know that's exactly the feel they are going for though. Loud atmosphere. No intimacy within your table, but you'll feel more intimate with those at neighboring tables. But it was worth it!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I selected this place base on TripAdvisor recommendation and it didn't disappoint. The mid/well steak I ordered was cooked to perfection. It looked and tasted like a quality piece of meat. The place looks appealing and is worth visiting while you're in Short North area of Columbus.

1  Thank Krzys t
Reviewed January 28, 2013

It is a trendy place that many people talk about. The food is decent, but I have never been able to relate oto people's positive opinions of the quality of the food I ate there. For the price you pay, you would expect either the portions to be a bit bigger, or the plates to be a little more sophisticated. But it is the short North I guess...

Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is a gem of a find. It has a smaller menu than most italian restaurants but good selection of appetizers, pizza and entrees. The prices are very reasonable and the food was amazing and had lots of flavor. The pizzas are terrific and can easily be split by two people. The Arancini is a wonderful appetizer. I had the Gnocchi Fornaia and highly recommend it.
Wonderful restaurant and I will certainly visit on my next business trip back.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I always have had a great time at Marcella's. Food is great, the service great. Was there with a larger group and we never felt rushed.