“Nice food & great atmosphere”
Review of Marcella's

Marcella's
Reserve with OpenTable
Marcella's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 2,322 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Fall in love with your food. Good friends, good food, love of family, and a place where it all comes together. That's Marcella's, a bustling Italian cafe where you can forget your worries, live in the moment, and appreciate the quality of everything life has to offer. The food is real Italian - simple and uncomplicated. The atmosphere is welcoming and the hospitality genuine. And here, you'll find great wines and handcrafted cocktails that will perfectly complement both your love of food and your love of life!
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We've been at Marcella’s twice now, and both times have been great experiences. After trying quite a few of the restaurants up and down High street in the Short North, Marcella’s certainly one of my favourites. It has bit of french brasserie atmosphere, but it's divided in a way that makes most seats somewhat private and secluded. The food is maybe not as super-cheap as many of the places further up on High street, but given the quality the prices are more than reasonable. I think they are doing a good job in finding the balance between your standard High street eatery and a little bit more upscale restaurant, serving quality food in a neat an clean environment without being pretentious and pricy.

Marcella's gets an extra star for their family friendly approach, with a great kids menue (not burgers and fries but real, cooked Italian food) as well as stuf to keep the kids busy while waiting for the food.

They also get a star for serving sizes that are realistic to finish, without hauling 2 pound doggy bags home.

A final star for their sunday wine special (25 % off bottles).

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We went with a party of five while visiting my son and his fiancee who are at OSU She is vegetarian and his sister was craving pasta so we tried Marcella's. It was a hit! The atmosphere is relaxed and cozy and they had a great wine special at 20% for a bottle. They also have a wide variety of wines by the glass and carafe.We had the fried cheese curds and an absolutely fabulous giant veal meatball as an appetizer. They also provided fresh baked bead and olive oil. The fettuccine Alfredo, clams and linguine and beef and basil tortellini were all very good.as well as the capellenli margarita. The portions were huge...we all got boxes for home and the service was as good as it gets...friendly, informative, water glasses never empty, all the fresh grated Parmesan at any time we could have wished for. We were too full for dessert but the tiramasu at the table next to use looked amazing. There is Valet parking which was very nice for us as it was pouring rain. We will be back anytime we come to Columbus!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

My grandmother and I visited columbus and had a wonderful time. We went to Marcella's and absolutely loved it!!! The food was amazing, as well as the service and atmosphere!!!

I have the website saved in my phone so that i can one day return to Columbus.

If you do go to this restaurant you must have the Arancini, and the Veal Saltimbocca. The olive oil is fresh and amazing!!!

The servers all had on shirts with very cute sayiings, this really felt like a place I could call home =]

WILL DEFINETLY RETURN!!!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Have been there many times and never had a bad meal. The pasta and the pizza are great! the spaghetti carbonara is the best I have ever had!!!

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Marcella's is another great Cameron Mitchell restaurant located in the Short North of Columbus, OH. My wife and I were invited to join two other couples for a preset charity auctioned dinner at this well-known downtown restaurant. It folllowed appetizers and cocktails at Martini's just blocks away (a seperate review) as part of the winning bid.
The valet parking was on the ball, no waiting, and for my Bentley, right in front.
The hostess, JenRoss, met us immediately and sat us at a comfortable table in the middle of the action. Wines and cocktails followed shortly which I will not review. Our servers, Kelly and JenRoss, were cordial, efficient and knowledgeable about the menu. We all shared dishes.The main courses were amazing---my favorite being the braised veal meatball on top of a bed of delicious fettucine in white sauce. This is one of their most popular dishes and one bite told me why. Other top dishes were the Chicken Marsala, tender and flavorful with a delicious side of polenta, and the Gnocchi con Bolognese. I did not have the desserts but my friends raved about the tiramisu, triple layered chocolate cake, and a fruit torte with a light crust topped with vanilla ice cream.
Chef Jon Deutschle visited our table to make sure everything was to our liking.
The restaurant and bar were at capacity and the din was preventing a free flow of conversation amongst us. The restaurant spins this to a positive calling the atmosphere "electric" and "energetic" but for us it was a negative. There is no effort to baffle the noise as it ricochets off of bare walls, ceiling, and uncovered tables, no side small rooms for intimate conversation. This was a big negative for me. Granted, it attracts a lively and younger crowd---and they were there in full; however, I would not recommend Marcella's for a business dinner meeting or a place to get back with your girlfriend.
This is a bustling, "happening" eatery with great! food. Because of the great tasting food and great service, despite the noise, I gave it the Bernard 5 Stars.

Been to Marcella's? Share your experiences!