“Super Carnitas!”

Cazuelas Grill
Ranked #539 of 2,285 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Close to the Ohio State campus, Cazuelas is the go to for outdoor patio action with pitchers of Margaritas. Had I been 30 years younger, I would have been whooping it up with the sorority sisters and frat bros on the patio but since I'm a tuition paying parent now, I chose the quieter interior of the restaurant with my student son and some of his OSU buddies. (Bummer for them but I was paying.) As a Californian, I have vast experience with Mexican food but I have not explored the Mexican restaurants in Columbus. A lot of them get great reviews from other websites however, for close to campus dining Cazuelas can't be beat. The carnitas are a good as I have had in Southern California and in the SF Bay Area. The only bummer was that they only do slushy margaritas. I outgrew slurpees in my 30's. That being said - Cazuelas es sabroso!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We met here before going to the Buckeye game. We sat outside and the atmosphere was awesome. The food was delicious and reasonably priced!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have tried Cazuelas few days ago and I am very pleased with it. Margaritas are really good, but nothing compared to fajtas: simply amazing! The staff is really friendly, always available for any request. The price is not so cheap, but it is justified by the quality of food. I hope to come back soon to Cazuelas!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Food has always been decent, and the margaritas are good, but this time we got overcharged. I think they might try to overcharge people they think are drunk late at night on campus. We spoke to a manager but he had nothing to say and just kept trying to walk away from the table. Was not helpful at all. Was not polite, patient, or respectful. Would not recommend this place.
Also the place used to have a lot of cultural decorations and now it's all gone with just huge TVs and sports junk.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I'm not a negative person and not the kind of writing reviews... but after this bad evening i felt i had to! worst service I have ever had, terrible, respectless, utterly unprofessional. My advice: don't let them ruin your dinner and look for another option.