“An elegant comfortable and thoroughly enjoyable alternative to your standard options in Columbus!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Columbus
German Village Guest House
Ranked #1 of 19 Columbus B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 4, 2013

It was pure accident that all the hotels were booked because of the Arnold Classic and I was looking for alternatives. What a happy accident. I loved the German Village Guest House and will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed one night in the Whittier Suite. This was our second stay in this suite. Basically it is a one bedroom apartment. Nice family room; fantastic kitchen; comfortable bedroom with a king bed, and a bathroom with the largest shower I have ever seen. The owners provide many snacks and had cookies and tea waiting our arrival. They also provide items for breakfast the next day. Great location near a park, deli, chocolate and coffee shop and dining. Clean, comfortable, quiet and pet friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I spent the weekend there (2nd time) and boy do I love it! The 2nd you walk in there is this warm feeling of "home". Cookies and tea were on the kitchen counter with some very chilled music playing. It took me a second to figure out the fireplace but once I did - it was all I could ask for...

Was with a beautiful woman and my ukulele playing some tunes.

The manager was very accommodating and all in all couldn't ask for a better experience. You'll be glad you stayed.

Room Tip: I stayed in the room by the kitchen (first floor) and Room #3...I think I prefer the room by the kit...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Parlin, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at the Whittier Suites (2 units, upper & lower floors in a single house) on the upper floor, while the lower was occupied by my brother & his wife.

It truly is a "suite," well appointed, tastefully and creatively decorated. The kitchen is well stocked with breakfast items (fix your own, but almost anything you want is there). Privacy is ensured, the setting peaceful. German Village is a historic area of Columbus, originally populated by German immigrants in the mid 1800's. Well restored 2 story brick homes, brick streets, a great environment to walk through.

While this is not an inexpensive place to stay, the owners are very responsive, the setting idyllic, the quiet - encompassing.

Room Tip: Whittier Suites unit 2 is up stairs. If you have a lot of bags or trouble climbing, opt for Suite 1...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 21, 2012

The German Village Guest House is awesome. Tucked away in my favorite part of Columbus, Ohio (I went to Ohio State in the 1970s), it is as perfect as a bed and breakfast can be. Quiet large room. Cookies in the kitchen. Great towels. Fabulous continental breakfast with seriously good coffee. Fireplace in the living room. Great shower. And did I mention wireless? I walked a couple of blocks to Barcelona, a wonderful tapas/small plate restaurant and the next morning visited the Ohio Village at the Ohio Historical Society. If I can, I'll be coming back to the GVGH when I come to see the Rothko exhibit at the art museum in 2013. One of the best B&Bs in the country. Charming with all the modern amenities you need.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Novi, Michigan
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Our first stay in the Guest House was as a part of our honeymoon and we immediately decided we needed to come back for an anniversary. We finally returned four years later, and are already planning another trip. This is a perfect place to get away! It is cozy and yet spacious at the same time. We love that there is a park nearby as well as restaurants within walking distance. It seems that you have thought of everything: all kinds of snacks for the evening and morning, movies, extra pillows, robes, emergency items, a code to get in rather than checking in...it all makes for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We have stayed here at least 4-5 times and have loved it every time. It feels like home to us -- a major feat for out-of-town lodging. The suites are clean, we love the snacks/breakfast and kitchen area, as well as the living room for lounging. The decor is tasteful and trendy. And the location is superb! We'll be back for sure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family