“Great Place!!”

Candlewood Suites Polaris
Ranked #62 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I have stayed at a lot of hotels in the Polaris area...This place is great. The rooms are a great size, very clean. No issues at all. We arrived very late Thur. evening and the young lady that check us in, made us feel right at home. We love her!!! We will certainly stay her again!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Mica B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review! It made my morning to see such great comments about our new staff. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and took the time to let others know! We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area! Thanks for being our guest!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

As a world traveler, I speak from years of staying at hundreds of hotel everywhere. The Candlewood is a good hotel with the accommodation that make a person feel like an extended home. What sets the Candlewood apart from the other hotels is the Staff. I am a long-term guest and I have been very impressed with Kristie L. with her professionalism and handling of my very unique long-term requests. Kristie has a genuine concern for all guests and I have been very satisfied here at Candlewood because of the world class service from her and the entire Staff. JR

Room Tip: Choose a room on the 4th floor, it is by far the most quite.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your kind words about our property and Kristie. We feel very lucky to have a director of sales with such passion at our hotel. I have shared your comments with her. Thank you for being our guest and taking the time out of your busy day, to leave a review of our propety. It means the world to us!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stayed for about 2 months here. The staff was very friendly and personal. Amine, the supervisor, went out of his way to make sure the stay was comfortable. During my stay there was a fire but the staff kept calm and made sure every one was okay and the rooms in good condition. I unfortunately had to move rooms but the Amine got some staff together to help me move my things. The entire gesture made things so much easier. This hotel is also in a prime location in Polaris. It is encompassed by great restaurants and a well equipped mall.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Mica B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Eddie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and commend Amine. We appreciate you being our guest and will make sure to pass your kind words to Amine.

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel overnight the past weekend. The rooms were nice and clean. The staff was great and made our stay worth it. The elevator was down so Brad offered and then carried our luggage up to the fourth floor. By morning the elevator worked and the manager made the adjustments for the inconvenience.

The staff is great!!!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Mica B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Thank you so much for staying at our property and taking the time to leave a review. I apologize again for the inconvenience the elevator being down created for our guests. I am glad Brad was there to help! We hope to see you again on your next visit to Columbus!

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I first came to the Candlewood Suites in Polaris when my son was looking at colleges during his last year of high school. He is now finishing up his Junior year at Otterbein University, and we've continued to book rooms here for many reasons. First, and most importantly to me, it is always clean, from the bathtub to the linens and throughout the kitchenette. The property is extremely convenient, right in the heart of endless Polaris shopping and just a couple of blocks off of Route 71. A very pleasant environment, there isn't a restaurant that I can think of that doesn't have a presence here, and it's 10 minutes from Otterbein University, half an hour from OSU's Columbus campus. Additionally, although my small dogs are always welcome, you would never know the property accepts pets from the cleanliness angle - no odors! And it's always quiet - the sound proofing is very good and we have never had any problems, even when the place is sold out. The hotel is the best deal in town - for the extremely reasonable rates, you get a good sized kitchenette, which of course allows you to save even more money if you want to. Last but most certainly not least, has been the recent rather startling improvement in the staff. In the past, I would have said that was the one thing missing - the staff was neither helpful nor pleasant. The owner has taken control and cleaned house staff from top to bottom, and the results are amazing. I haven't encountered a single person here, from front desk staff, to maintenance and cleaning staff to management and ownership, who have not been incredibly kind and wonderful to work with. They are efficient, pleasant and very helpful, and I had the opportunity to tell this to the owner of the property on this visit. He highly impressed me with his dedication to making this the best hotel it can be. He is reinvesting in the property; on my trip to Ohio last week they were measuring the halls for all new carpeting, and the owner told me that in less than 30 days now there will be all new bedding and beds throughout the property. More improvements are planned. I'll end by saying that this is the very first time I have EVER taken the time to write a review (though I shouldn't be proud of that of course), but this hotel is well worth it. I only hope they will still have rooms available when I visit next! I've had reason to be here for over 12 nights over two trips in the past two weeks, due to my son being ill. They have gone the extra mile every time; on both trips I've needed to extend my stay, during periods which were sold out. But they found me space both times, and on this trip even upgraded my room at the same rate when they didn't have the room available for the nights I needed. All in all, I give the Candlewood Suites Polaris an A+rating. I've tried other hotels in the area, some much more costly, but this is the only place we want to stay!

Room Tip: I've found any room they have given me to be fine,
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

CK,

Thanks so much for your words of encouragement and such a positive review. We value you as our guest and hope with all our heart your next visit will be one of relaxation and fun for you (and your family). We so much appreciate you letting everyone know how hard our team is working and look forward to seeing you on your next stay.

Best Regards!

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I come to the Polaris area several weeks a year for work. This trip I chose the Candlewood Suites. When I arrived, the front desk employees were friendly and helpful, and check-in was quick. When I first entered my room, I was overwhelmed by the odor of cleaning chemicals; the smell was strong enough it was initially difficult to breathe. The room itself is large with a nice kitchen. The bed was just average, but pillow selection was good.

The first time I left my room and returned my key did not work. This happened three times my first night, and continued to occur even after the maintenance worker showed up to fix the problem. Between the overpowering odor in the room and the key issues, I requested another room, but the hotel was full.

I have stayed at several of the nearby hotels and for the same price I would recommend any of the following over the Candlewood Suites: The Holiday Inn Express Polaris, The Four Points Sheraton Polaris, or the Hilton Garden Inn Polaris. Of these, I like the Holiday Inn Express the
best.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Mike W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Dear Mike W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments online. It is nice to know that your check-in experience went smoothly. However, I regret that this stay was less than satisfactory on many levels particularly with your room being a disappointment. Please be assured that your feedback will be used to consider for improvements needed.

Again, thank you for your time in writing us a review and we certainly apologize for the shortcomings.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I really enjoy this hotel and stay here at least once every two months. There are A LOT of other hotels within walking distance but I prefer this one. The two full bed rooms are large and have a full kitchen. The place is usually clean and the staff is usually great. My last stay though(12-21-13) proved to be a problem. Everything was great until I walked into the bathroom and found three little flat bugs running around the countertop. This usually doesn't bother me if I a 1 bug but three means there are a lot more not seen. I quickly got rid of them. Everything else in the room was as always, good. When I checked out I forgot my phone charger and didn't realize it. I called the front desk and they said they would check and call me back. Neither happened. I called later and was told they would check again. By this time I was back in town and went to the hotel because I never got a call back again. They let me check out my room which was all ready cleaned and the charger was gone. The gentleman at the front desk tole me he would note it in the log and talk to the cleaning staff when they came in. this made no sense because they were on two different shift. Either way I am out a phone charger. In the grand scheme its no major loss but it would have been nice if they would have done what they said they were going to do. All in all I still would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank swimswsharks9
Mica B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

I'm so sorry you experienced problems during your stay. We do value you as our guest and I would love the opportunity to make the problems you experienced right. Please email me the specs on your charger, so I can look in our lost and found or find a replacement. I will also notify housekeeping of the insects found in a room. If you could also provide your room number via email, that would be most appreciated. I hope to hear from you soon! Mica Breese, GM mbreese@candlewoodsuitespolaris.com