“Dishwasher!”

Candlewood Suites Polaris
Ranked #62 of 146 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Nice sized room. Hard mattresses though. No security around the parking lot, multiple cars broken into on Saturday night, including ours. Rooms have full kitchens, with dishes, pots/pans etc. a small electric stove, large fridge with an ice maker, dishwasher. Not a lot of shampoo/soap etc, so bring your own. Other than that, wasn't a bad stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear patg00-00,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. I hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Unless otherwise you like to experience what is "worst" customer service, then stay clear of this hotel. First time in Columbus, I came across a hotel where front desk staff were mean and rude with an attitude "I don't care either my employer or the customer". Will never stay again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank murugaaa
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear murugaaa,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am truly sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you just how much we care about delivering an above average experience.

Krysllin G

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Checked in around 8:30 p.m. (had reservations), smooth transaction, and quick. Nice hotel, pets are welcome at a very reasonable rate (I think $10 / night), places to walk them and "bags" are located at the pet walk area. A/C was very good in our room, layout of the room was also great and the room was very clean. There's no breakfast (which I should've looked for before reserving the room), and check out wasn't as speedy as checking in. I had to knock on the counter several times and call out, finally after several minutes someone came out, my receipt was not in the stack, so mine had to be printed, ten minutes later I was on my way. It seemed as if I was a nusiance for wanting my receipt...big difference in professionalism from check-in to check-out. Overall nice place, but for the cost find a place that has a free breakfast.

Room Tip: top floor, southwest side...it's away from all the local restaurant and traffic...quiet and no o...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jumper H
Kristie L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our Candlewood Suites. I am pleased to hear that your overall experience was positive. I do want to apologize for the service you received upon check-out. It is always our goal to provide our guests with outstanding customer service and it is clear that we did not live up to those standards. I assure you I will be meeting with all of our front desk associates to address the service concerns you stated.

It is my sincere hope is that you will choose to visit our hotel again on a future visit to Columbus. And when you do, you will receive the best customer service and we will exceed your expectations.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to welcome you again soon!

Kristie L

Reviewed July 4, 2013

This was our first stay at a Candlewood. We were thinking that it would be similar to a Homewood or Staybridge. It was definitely a step down. The room was clean, but the shower curtain was old and ripped and didn't even cover the length of the tub by at over a foot, so we had to take showers with a half opened curtain while trying to keep water off of the floor. The hotel claimed to have wi-fi, but we were unable to get any sort of signal. Beds were too firm with not so great sheets. No continental breakfast. Really loud slamming doors at all hours.

If you just need a clean place to stay without any frills, this could be your place. We just didn't realize that it wasn't as nice as we thought it would be.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cla11103
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear cla11103,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation on some aspects of your stay. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Karen G.

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

It is not really a hotel, it has suites.
If you need a place to stay near Columbus, this could be your place.
Near lots of places for eating without driving and not far away from Columbus.
Rooms are big and you can cook in them.
It also has an indoor pool.
one recepcionist was really nice and other was nothing at all.

• Stayed: May 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear xuxoce,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible.

Once again many thanks for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Janice A

Reviewed March 26, 2013

In town for work at nearby Anheuser-Busch brewery and stayed here. Check-in went well with the clerk being friendly and efficient. Not a big fan of Candlewood Suites in general but this one is OK. The area is very nice with lots of restaurants, stores, and a movie theater nearby. The room itself was nice enough with a comfortable bed and a clean bathroom. The tub did not drain well which seems to be a common theme in hotels I stay at.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Jody M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel we greatly appreciate all feedback that our guests provide. I have researched the room that you stayed in and have made sure that our maintenance staff has remedied the tub drain issue. Feel free to contact me at the hotel at your convenience to discuss your stay in more detail if you would like.

Jody Mayer
614-436-6600

Reviewed March 24, 2013

The non-English speaking housekeepers snooped through my dresser every week, I left a small piece of paper in there to confirm and every week I could tell they had gone through all the drawers. There were 5 cars who had their windows smashed and were burglarized on 4 separate occasions and only after the last one did they put up a notice on the bulletin board stating that "The Polaris area has seen a rash of burglaries...." The rooms are very loud and the housekeeping once a week is terrible but the price is ok so.... I am for here 90 days.

Room Tip: Rooms are very noisy, 5 vehicles had their windows smashed over a period of the one month I stayed t...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Jody M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for reviewing Candlewood Suites Polaris regarding your experience during your recent stay. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to my attention and want to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced, I had a meeting with our housekeeping staff this morning to address the cleaning issue you had. Unfortunately there have been break ins in the Polaris area and are out of our control, we are working with the area businesses and authorities to remedy this situation as quickly as we can.

It is our goal to provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. If I can be of further assistance please give me a call at the hotel directly.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Comfort Inn North Polaris
Comfort Inn North Polaris
#40 of 146 in Columbus
Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris
Staybridge Suites - Columbus Polaris
Residence Inn Columbus Worthington
Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris
Cambria hotel & suites Columbus - Polaris

Been to Candlewood Suites Polaris? Share your experiences!