Candlewood Suites Polaris
$138
$120
Sheraton.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmini storefront deskquaker steak and lubepool area was cleanfluffy towelsroom was cleandesk personthe columbus zooan upgraderestaurants and shoppingcolumbus areahome away from homewe've stayeddefinitely stay here againcomplimentary breakfastpolariskitchenette
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I have been business traveling for nearly 20 years, staying hundreds of nights in hotels over that time. We had a family event in the Columbus, OH, so we all stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Polaris. The stay was by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had. I had a dog that barked every time a door slammed in the area (and there were lots of those). I tried to change rooms, but the hotel was sold out. We switched with my in-laws but the room we went to must have had elephants staying above us by the sound of their walking above us. I was hoping for a relaxing, quiet night of sleep and got a miserable night sleep with a snarky, condescending staff attitude of, 'what do you expect me to do about it?' and 'you kind of have to expect this.' I could continue with my list of other observations, but that's enough. I plan to never stay in a Candlewood Suites again – if my only choice was sleeping in my car or this hotel, I would pick the car.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Dear Steven1996,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you liked the location of our hotel. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry for any inconvenience the noise from our other guests caused you during your stay. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 1, 2012

Columbus has some of the worlds finest food . It real consistant and the Polaris hotles are the best The Candlewood suites in both areas are good . The Polaris Candlewood is close to all modern shopping and luxury. City barbeque and the many wonderful high end steak houses come to mind owned by Ruth Chris and the high level steak houses. While your in the city see the new renovated areas of the North Downtown. Columbus has managed to renovate all their old warehouse and Brewery areas rather than tear them down. Columbus has a 1900 feel with a flair of art decco and the old time industrial look. This city has stayed to their roots and should be visited by Compnaies that want a no-nonsense town.

Room Tip: try to join a Hotels preferred customer and value points. After a few years you become an advanced member and the Hotels will remember you as a great customer. Hotel point systems are better than the internet discounts I would have found.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank James S
Mica B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you for leaving a review of our property! We would like to inform you, we are under new management and invite you back to the property to see what’s new! We hope you like the changes and will let us know!

Reviewed January 31, 2012

I stay at Candlewood suites as much as possible. I had a nice comfortable stay. Everything I had asked for was taken care of and met with a smile.

Room Tip: I recommend staying on the top floor if possible. That way you don't have to worry about people stomping above your head.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Justin M

Reviewed November 18, 2011

We had a clean room, the front desk was friendly and there are several places to eat that are within walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Charles S

Reviewed October 9, 2011

I am currently staying at this hotel on business (17 nights) and have a convenient room on the 1st floor. Although there are a lot of nice features (free laundry for one), the sound coming from above is unbearable when the person above me walks around. It is not too bothersome mid day, but when they get up (in my case, they are awake everyday at 4:30am), I can hear EVERY step they take. I'm not blaming the heavy footed person above me - when I mentioned it to the front desk, they said they get a lot of complaints about that. This person must be very fit, I can count the number of steps they take from one side of the room to another....over and over again. I have tried earplugs but the sound seems to resonate through the walls and ceiling, it's not just the sound......it's reverberation!
I have stayed in many many hotels - I travel constantly for business, have NEVER stayed in a place where I was able to count the steps of the person above me - EVER. Surely there is a way to have made this hotel more comfortable for anyone below someone else.
I haven't had a good night sleep since I arrived and even though there are many nice features in this hotel - for this reason I cannot give it a good review.

Room Tip: don't stay on any floor that has someone else above
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business