“Very Nice Property, some attention to details would help”

Best Western Port Columbus
Ranked #31 of 144 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I got a room with a jacuzzi since it wasn't much more than the regular rate. Not all the jets on the jacuzzi worked. Also the room was supposed to include a robe and soft drinks. I had to call to ask for the robe, and the soft drinks were never re-stocked during my 4 days stay there. One day I put out a "do not disturb" sign and even though I took it off when I left around 11 AM, housekeeping never cleaned my room. When I discovered this and called the front desk after getting back late that afternoon, I was told housekeeping was gone for the day.

The property itself was very nice, and I have stayed at all the Best Westerns in Columbus now. This was the best kept one that I have been to. However, some attention to minor details would make this feel more like a four-star property rather than just an average hotel.

Room Tip: I wouldn't bother wasting money on a jacuzzi upgrade next time.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel is located not to far from the airport and is in a location that is clustered with a few other hotels.

Clean and comfortable with updated electronics in rooms. My room had a mini fridge and micro. Fitness room had cardio machines and free weights which provided a good workout. They have a mini snack shop and baked cookies during the P.M. hours. Breakfast was an array of hot and cold choices.

The only thing I really didn't like about this location was the lack of any quality restaurants or bars within the area. If you want to you can walk over to the other hotels that offer a bar or lounge, other than that it is fast food central.

Very nice place but if in area again I would probably choose a different location other than the airport.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed with my boyfriend for 5 nights and it was alright. Nothing fancy really. Good value for the price. My only complaints would be that at check in I was given the wrong room number and ended up waking someone up.... Also, the Internet is pretty bad, I'm talking 1-2Mbps when it works (which is anywhere but the busy hours 5-8pm) the wired internet would just not work at all. Breakfast was very basic, not much choice and I found mold on the bagels on the last morning...

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julie D
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Very clean inside and out. 5 minutes from the airport, two blocks off the interstate. As a regular traveler, this is all you need. 4 eateries and a gas station within walking distance. Great breakfast, great bed

Reviewed May 9, 2014

This was a quality property for the price. It was clean and quiet. The proximity to Easton Place was ideal. The only negative was the lack of a quality restaurant in the area. The staff was very helpful, breakfast was like most other free breakfast offerings. Since my husband has a difficult time getting around in the morning, we missed breakfast a couple of times as they definitely clean up at 9:00

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2014

My husband and I needed an hotel close to the airport for an early morning flight; The room and facility was very nice and clean; the hotel staff were kind and helpful, but there was no shuttle to the airport (as advertised). We had to pay for a cab going to the airport and on our return. Probably won't stay here again if I need to use the airport.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We were going to the hospital the next morning,they ask if we needed them to take us.All the people working at motel were very nice to us and they went out of there way make our stay as good as it could be.The front desk clerk was excellent,helping us with maps and directions.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family