“Great for Stay, Park, Fly”

Best Western Port Columbus
Ranked #31 of 144 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed March 22, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at this location twice as part of the Stay, Park, Fly promotion. Our rooms have both been clean, comfortable, and priced reasonably. The front desk staff, as well as the housekeeping staff and the shuttle drivers, have all been very friendly and accommodating. While we did not stay long enough either time to use the pool, it looked very clean and nice. The breakfast seemed to be fresh and consistent with other hotel breakfasts. We used the service to allow us to park our car in their lot for the duration of our vacation, and when we returned to pick it up it was always right where we left it. The cost of the room for one night is about the same as a week in the airport long-term parking, and by getting a good night's sleep prior to an early departure, without worrying about traffic and weather conditions, makes the vacation start off on a good note. We will always choose this place when we need to be at the airport for one of the early flights.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We stayed here one night in February and although the staff was friendly and the hotel was fairly clean, the disorganization was frustrating. We had a reservation weeks in advance, but after waiting for 20 minutes to check in, the room was not ready and it was 3:30. We were between a wedding & reception and really needed to check in to freshen up and change clothes and we were unable to check in because rooms were not cleaned and ready to go. There were several other guests in the same plight we were. Our only option was to wait until after the reception at 9:00 and then check in. We did do this as were were traveling from out of state and needed a place to stay. The breakfast was rather sparse the next morning, too, so we just checked out and ate at the nearby McDonald's. One other thing was the very heavy smell of chlorine from the pool that I noticed while in the lobby. It was very overwhelming and concerning. Hopefully this was a one time event, but do not count on everything being ready upon your arrival.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank tlq2014
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We needed a hotel close to the hotel for an early flight. This hotel was clean and close. Their shuttle was broken, but they provided and paid for a cab for us. The beds were uncomfortable and the pillows were small.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We stayed at this hotel while we were up at Arnold for a Cheerleading competition. It was just what we needed. Close location to the convention center. The only problem we really had was finding restaurants to eat at. We were looking for Applebee's, TGIF's or other ones like that. We just assumed there would be some close to the hotel. We never asked at the desk so I can't fault them.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I liked this hotel because it was close to the airport, but it wasn't my favorite of the Best Western hotels. If I remember correctly, you had to have some type of card or something to use the free WIFi - it didn't automatically connect, so I ended up having to use Mobile Hotspot on my cell phone for Internet. What I also liked was that they have a free shuttle to take you to the airport or to Easton, which was a very nice convenience. They also have a small fitness center, which I did use once during my stay. it was ok. The elliptical worked, but the treadmill only worked for about 20 minutes before it died. TV was fine; good choice of channels. I only had breakfast one day, but it seemed like there were good choices. The room was fine and it was clean. The one thing that I really did not like was the noise. You can hear people in the room next to you very easily. I was woken up at 1 am by someone else's conversation in another room on the first night of my stay, then on the 2nd night there were kids running up and down the hallway even after 10 pm. It was Valentine's day weekend, so that may have something to do with it, but I think because it is so easy to hear everyone else, that I would not stay here again. Other than that, it's a nice hotel and the staff are very nice.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I typically stay at a different / pricier brand of hotels. I chose this based on location (close to a seminar I was attending). I saved around $70 and found this hotel to be very similar to the more expensive chain. The property was equally clean and nice. The building and room seemed to be rather new. There hotel was in a nice area. I felt comfortable as a female staying alone. There was easy access to Port Columbus International Airport. Overall this a very good experience and I will consider Best Western in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 28, 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel and we took advantage of the hot tub suite. We really enjoyed this room and its extra amenities from the staff. The room was very clean and everything worked well. The staff was very friendly and efficient. The location is easy to get to and in a nice location by the airport but not too close.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple