“COOLEST THING I'VE EVER DONE!!!”

Room Escape Adventures
Ranked #2 of 53 Fun & Games in Columbus
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: ROOM ESCAPE ADVENTURES brings to life the mental challenges and adventure of online Escape Games, the pressure of Minute To Win It and the sleuthing of Sherlock Holmes to create pulse pounding team building activity that will have your mind racing and adrenaline flowing. Our interactive team building/interactive theater sessions allow for ticket holders to be the protagonists in an exciting plot that evolves differently each session based on the groups personalities and past experiences. Bring some friends and prepare to see a side of them you may not have seen before while you laugh, fret and beam with pride as you work together solving riddles and racing against the clock to escape! This event is ideal for: *A Team Building Function. If you don't work together, you won't escape! *The Coolest Date Night Ever! *An Exciting Family Outing. *Birthday Parties. *Crazy Fun With Friends!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed August 18, 2014

WE ESCAPED!! our whole group escaped with just minutes left! i was worried it would be cheesy or boring or hard to work with strangers, but it was AWESOME! It's now on our to do list to catch every version of this game!

2  Thank Morgan K

Reviewed August 10, 2014

This was, honestly, one of the most fun and memorable things I've ever done!! The clues are tough, you gotta be on your toes (literally), and work with your whole team. I will definitely be back when they have a new show!!!!!!

2  Thank Shannon S
Reviewed July 16, 2014

This was a great experience. I know another group mentioned how cramped it would be with 12 people, but that's part of the fun. We had 10 people and the maneuvering around one another was part of what made it exciting.

The group definitely needs to work together and you have to be listening and involved in several different elements at once.

It's hard to say what was so great about it without giving it away, but I will say this: if you like problem solving and puzzles - this is worth a try.

1  Thank Citsymtserof
Reviewed July 11, 2014

GOOD: Really loved this idea and had great fun with our time. The puzzles were challenging and kept us hoping around. Experienced this with whole family (sons 17 & 15), each loved and were active in the process. We were teamed with 4 unknown individuals, who quickly became part of our group in this team effort event.
The staff was organized at the event and provided good explanation before beginning.

NOT SO GOOD: there were 8 participants, 1 zombie and 1 monitor. I can't imagine having four additional participants in the same room with all of us. But maybe that's part of the design of the attraction. That many people in the room at once would have made for real congestion.
Still undecided about the event fee, maybe a token gift could have been included? Also, maybe this is what's needed to be charged to cover cost of the location?

OTHER: had email to ask question prior to event, and did not receive a reply. Had question answered at venue and all worked out.
There were questions posted online (non event website) as to location of activity. Relied on address printed on the ticket and the West State Street location was correct.

CONCLUSION: enjoyed the experience very much; love the fact that once I was "infected" I was still able to participate in a limited capacity, making it still fun! I look forward to the theme changing so we can put our thinking caps back on and experience the thrill again!

3  Thank Jim M
Reviewed June 18, 2014

"Trapped in a Room With a Zombie" is exactly that, so I will not focus so much on what happens in the room. Try not to arrive too early, about ten minutes early is good, as there is nothing else in the area to do. They have a few chairs in the lobby. There is free parking on the street in front of the building. Also, pay attention to the address on the ticket, not in the GPS because they had moved when we were searching for them and the GPS for Columbus Idea Foundry had not been updated and took us to another part of Columbus. We had one couple arrive right on time, and we still had time for the pre-brief and instructions. Our group was all adults, had three couples plus a group of friends comprised of couples and singles. You will likely talk with every person in the group at least once. We had two couples visiting from out of the country, and everyone had a role.
The entire time is spent standing, and I had no idea how physical it was going to be based on the one room concept. The next day my quads(?) were really sore from the jumping, squatting and nearly constant movement. Several people had toes stepped on more than once, so please keep that in mind when you dress for the day. Also, there was a fan running in the room, but it gets quite warm in there, and several of us had broken a sweat before it ended.
Overall, it was fun, intense, exciting, and worth the price of the ticket. You can take in a purse, but you won't be able to access it during the game. I want to do it again when they change the puzzle later this year.

3  Thank A1derbean