“Great value! Awesome food!”

Melt Bar and Grilled
Ranked #40 of 2,291 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Melt Bar and Grilled features gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches, craft beers and signature cocktails in an eclectic, relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. Featured on several national television programs and in countless publications, Melt puts a new spin on traditional bar food in a setting that is cool, fun and very unique. In addition to Melt's signature grilled cheese sandwiches, many vegetarian/vegan and gluten-free options, appetizers, salads and desserts are also available. Patrons may dine in, order take-out, or speak to a staff member about catering their next event. Melt Bar and Grilled is an independently owned and operated restaurant group based in Cleveland, Ohio. Melt was created in 2006 by owner/founder Matt Fish with the simple goal of providing great food and awesome craft beers in a very fun and unique atmosphere. Melt has grown from its humble small storefront beginnings to multiple regional locations with more organic growth planned. Melt continues to grow and prosper because of The Melt Family: The amazing staff and management team. Thank you and welcome to Melt!
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We visited Melt on 2/8/2014 at 2:00 in the afternoon with the intention of enjoying a late lunch/early dinner in hopes of avoiding a long wait....we were mistaken! The wait was 1 1/2 hours and the place was packed on a snowy winter afternoon. We were not disappointed! The restaurant is fun and the food is a wonderful value for the money. Portions are huge so don't be afraid to share your meal. Offerings are unique and hearty. Dessert was delicious! Don't worry about the wait! The people watching is fun and they have plenty of space for hanging out and a large bar.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I've been wanting to go to Melt after hearing such great things about the food in the Cleveland locations. I love the idea of handing out band names when waiting on tables! We sat at the bar so we didn' thave to wait an hour. Good service, great beer menu, fun decor! The food was ok. I had the Parmaggedon, which was a potato and onion pierogi with potato and not much cheese. Barely any saurkraut either. Not much seasoning, disappointing. My husband ordered the Philly and it was sweet...so he didn't enjoy it. I thought it was good. The fries...AWESOME! We will give it another chance...we might do apps and beer next time. Huge portions!

Reviewed January 10, 2014

The Salad was very large and fresh, it was sharable and some was left. Dressing was Ok. I had the Parmaggedon, which was a potato and onion pierogi with potato and not much cheese. Not much seasoning, very bland. The Bread is 1.5 incn thick which makes the sandwich almost impossible to eat while holding it. They give you a massive amount of over cooked fries. My wife had the kindergarden with munster cheese, the bread was a little thinner but not much. Overall it was not very impressive. The beer selection is very large, More than is needed.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I accompanied a couple of local friends, who have been big fans of this place in Cleveland. They were very excited that a Columbus location opened recently and insisted that I go with them. I'm glad they did. One word pops into mind the moment you step in the door... quirky! But in the best possible way. Everyone working here seems to be having a great time, and the quirkiness pervades everything... the menu, the decor, even the business operations. It's fun.

I was really impressed with their beer list, but I just wish they offered flights. Instead, I tried three different full pints, but that's all I dared order. I was also happy to see they had an impressive list of vegan options; quite surprising for a place that specializes in grilled cheese! I had the (vegan) provolone and mushroom melt and it was amazing. Good quality vegan cheeses are about as common as snowfall in Mexico, but they apparently found a good supplier. It was delicious. I will certainly be coming back for future visits.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Went for lunch early in Melt's days in Columbus. Had a special -- Chicken and waffle grilled cheese sandwich. Sandwich was SO enormous I was blown away. Best part was deconstrucing the half I tackled and dipping it into the triple berry jalapeno syrup on the side. I was licking that container! Fries? WORTH IT! Could have had more sandwich if fries had not been so good. Brussel sprout veggie side looked fantastic. Jam-packed, long wait novelty restaurant, loved sitting at the bar to eat for quicker service which is not always the case. Bartenders were great. Had lunch for the next day for my kids with the other half of the sandwich -- a bargain! Will go back.