“Very busy before the hockey game.”

Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #164 of 2,291 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We ate at this Gordon Biersch restaurant right before the hockey game between the Tampa Bay Lightning and the Columbus Blue Jackets, so it was understandably busy and noisy. We had the garlic fries (yum!) for an appetizer along with a couple of beers. For dinner my husband had the Kobe sliders and Caesar Salad (very good) while I had the Goat Cheese Bruschetta (delicious!). While it was noisy, crowded and busy, the server took the time to answer any questions that we had and we even had a manager stop by the table to make sure everything was good (bonus points).

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Great beer with several different styles available. The food was average bar fare. The garlic fries were good but everyone knows that. The restaurant was very large and roomy, plenty of seating areas. Within walking distance to several other breweries including Barleys, North High Brewing, Wolf's Ridge, Columbus Brewery, and Elevator Brewery

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Blue cheese chips were unique and tasty.

Goat cheese bruschetta was perfect blend of goat cheese and honey.

Lobster bisque was creamy and delicious.

My friend ate a burger and enjoyed it.

All staff was friendly.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Went for dinner with a large group prior to a Jackets game. Staff are accommodating and friendly. Food took a long time, but a manager recognized this and came over to apologize. When finally arrived, mine was cold and missing one of the side dishes that had to be changed originally due to the fact they were out of rice??? What was disappointing is we were one of the first tables in the restaurant at 430 trying to beat the rush, how the food took too long, was cold and they had already run out of something is beyond me. Rest of our table received their orders fine and were warm so I was the unfortunate one. Beer was good. For me, I was looking forward to this restaurant as had heard things good about it. Unfortunately, the value is not there. In the end, as a lot of my party did enjoy their experience, I would still recommend you go and odds are still good you will enjoy, if not, make sure you speak to management and I am sure they will correct. I probably should have but decided not to bother.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

This place is located in the Arena District. Great place to eat before going to an event at Nationwide Arena. My son and I both had the Marzen BBQ burger, which was excellent. Their Marzen beer is also excellent.