“Don't worry, BBQ in Ohio is alive & well!”
Review of City Barbeque

City Barbeque
Ranked #289 of 2,235 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Ohio
“Don't worry, BBQ in Ohio is alive & well!”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

It is a local chain, but I promise you, it's fantastic!

The food is delicious. Pulled pork and brisket are amazing. But you've got to try the smoked turkey! A friend kept telling me for years to try the turkey, but I couldn't pull myself away from the usual pork. Now...I can't get away from the turkey! I don't know how they keep it so moist, but it is incredibly delicious.

I just had the pleasure of having a smoked ham at Thanksgiving from there...one word; awesome. I'm not sure if the hams are available all of the time or just for holidays, but when it's there, I recommend it too.

The side dishes are wonderful country style foods. Baked Mac & cheese, green beans with pork, baked beans and my favorite by far, the corn casserole!! Please try it...you'll forget all about your grandma's!

While the inside is comfortable for eating, I prefer take out. They do a really good job with take out...they should, they've been doing so many tailgates for years! I barely have time to choke down a beer from the ice tub before my order is ready.

You've gotta try this place...it's worthy, believe me!

Visited November 2012

Columbus, Ohio
“Good food”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We really enjoy this restauarant. I always get the ribs. Occassionally, they are a bit dried out, but for the most part they are good. Baked beans are a good side and their mac and cheese is very creamy. The cheese on their cheese and bacon fries is a bit spicy, but not so hot as to be unedible.

This place is family friendly and they generally have sports on the TVs. It isn't fancy, but its fast.

• Visited October 2012
Ashburn, Virginia
“Among the Best BBQ I've Ever Had”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This is wonderful barbeque. I usually go for the City Sampler. It consists of brisket (the best I've had), pulled pork (quite nearly the best), sausage, smoked turkey (the best I've had) and two sides. Recently, I had the cole slaw and green beans with bacon as my two sides.

That dinner is a calorie killer, so it's reserved for special occasions. Everything comes naked - without sauce. At your table, you will find a variety of sauces. My favorites are their traditional BBQ sauce, and their "Brushfire BBQ" sauce, which is a little spicier. Their macaroni and cheese is excellent, and the peach cobbler is wonderful.

Atmosphere is a little lacking. It is super casual, with random tables and wooden chairs everywhere. I've not purchased a beer there, but have noticed that there is a tub of ice cold beer next to the line as you walk up to order.

The prices are higher than they used to be. The City Sampler is now $15.99 - which is a little steep, though the quality of bbq probably justifies it.

• Visited September 2012
“Good BBQ”
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

Great food - gotta have the potatoe salad. Had a combo platter, all the meat was fantastic. I would go back in a second.

Gainesville, Florida
“Great BBQ great Price”
Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

Lots of food. Beer too expensive. Lemonade is wonderful. Atmosphere could be better.