“Art, Activity, and Awareness”

Columbus Museum of Art
Ranked #19 of 152 things to do in Columbus
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Art, Activity, and Awareness”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We just took two grandsons (11 & 14) to CMA. They loved the Czech Puppet Exhibit and learned much about the history depicted. They were facinated with the different types of puppets and puppet stages displayed. They became very happily involved in the hands-on displays in the children's areas. CMA has worked wonders getting persons of all ages actively involved in admiring, understanding, and creating art of various styles and periods. Don't miss a stop at CMA.

Visited August 2013

• Korean first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Must See!!!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I love art, and I loved my visit to the Columbus Musem, it was a great treat for my kids to see some very special artwork.

Visited July 2013
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Always a treat”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

It had been several years since I had visited the museum. I enjoy the peace and quiet of the upper levels, but the first floor has more activity and is unique...more interactive. The museum was in between exhibits, but it was still nice walking through all the rooms and studying the artists...some more well-known, other's not so much. I'd like to go back more often.

Visited June 2013
New Jersey
115 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 156 helpful votes
“A beautiful place to spend a hot day.”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We went for the Czech Puppet Exhibit, and looked at several galleries of art as well. The museum is well laid out, and free admission and parking on Sundays!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank fauxmaven
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Small Art Museum but Great Kid's Room”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My 5 year old daughter and I went for a morning excursion. Used to large art museums, the small collection was a disappointment. HOWEVER, they have a great creative children's room. Decorated in a fun contemporary style, we created mobiles, built strange (animal?) structures, stacked colorful dishes however we desired, put magnetic faces on robots, and built forts where we were only limited by our imaginations. It isn't a large room, however, we had it all to ourselves! There is even a comfy couch to sit and read while your child explores. This room is a great diversion on a rainy day for a couple of hours. Perhaps not ideal for those under 4, without a lot of parental assistance, but could appeal to even a tweener with a creative bent.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Wendy S

Been to Columbus Museum of Art? Share your experiences!