“Better than the Rest”

Ranked #27 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Fort Wayne IN
“Better than the Rest”
Reviewed October 22, 2010

This was a first class experience from the friendly staff to the good food. I enjoy a three night stay the beds where comfortable the rooms are fresh and clean. Could not have been better. My expectation was for a average clean room at an average price, I have to say it was way above average, totally exceeding all expectations thank you Hilton Gardens Inn

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Ogdensburg, New York
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Nice, relatively new hotel right off of I-71. It is surrounded by shopping - big mall, Target, etc. There are also a lot of restaurants to choose from. The rooms was nice and big and the wireless internet worked well.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed October 9, 2010

The Hilton Garden Inn at Polaris meets business travelor needs. Staff is extremely professional and helpful. Everthing one would expect from Hilton is included: comfortable bedding, quality linens, business amenities (business center, wireless web access, ample in-room office space) and comfortable lobby area. There is a lounge and restaurant for convenience, athough I did not access this service during my recent stays. The location makes this hotel a great bargain as shopping, entertainment and restaurants are in walking distance if you don't want to get in your car after along day of meetings. It is a hotel of choice when visiting the northern Columbus area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Terre Haute, IN
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Staff..... Friendly, eager to please and always smiling. Someone was always cleaning something. The place is practically spotless.

Room.... Clean, comfy.

Fitness center..... Small but the equipment was really nice.

Wireless..... worked very well and I only lost my connection once. I was able to get right back on.

Breakfast buffet,,,,, lots of good choices- made to order omlettes were excellent.

Location was close to everything we needed.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Orange, California
Reviewed June 22, 2010

Well, I have been here for 10 days, everything paid for in advance~ my employers tab. I point this out because I would not stay if it were my money. I don't have a lot of expectations, but this has been a trainwreck. Here is a list of issues:

1. Internet is available but most of the time the bandwidth is between 10-50 Kbps. Dial up is faster. Checking email or even facebook is intermittently succesful.

2. I am on television number 3. The first TV in my room was out of focus, so much so that half the image was wrapped. The replacement TV would work until someone slammed a door or a sound played to loud, then the screen image would shrink to about 1/4 its normal size. The one I have now turns itself on and off at random intervals. I quit asking because at this point it isn't funny any more.

3. The bed on one side is litterally a bowl shape. Not to big a deal to sleep on the other side but I would expect someone to notice and replace it. If I was here with my significant other it would be unacceptable.

4. The toilets are a really bad design. You have to flush between each step because they can't accomodate the usual amount of material one would expect. Heed this warning or expect a mess...

5. The front desk staff is hit and miss. Several of them are friendly and gracious. The others are less than helpful and seem to be more interested in continuing conversations with other staff than in assisting guests. Seems to be a bit clique but thats just my guess.

There are some high points however, they just don't outweigh all the other inconveniences in my view. However the people I want to commend do deserve to be recognised for doing a great job.
1. Housekeeping~ They keep my room spotless and always stocked with towels, soap, shampoo and even mouthwash.
2. The kitchen staff~ Friendly, always ready with a refill and the menu isn't half bad.

If all you need is a place to "crash" it is probably fine, but a Motel 6 is a cheaper alternative. Staying longer than 2 days, I would caution against.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank mambomoog1970
HGIPolarisSC, Sales Coordinator at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Polaris, responded to this review, August 18, 2010
Good day!

I would like to first of send my apologizes to any miss haps that may of occurred during your stay with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Polaris. After reading through your review of our hotel I was greatly concerned with the conditions of the room and staffing. I was wondering if I could get in contact with you regarding some more specific information about your stay and to also see if there is anything I can do for you.

Please contact me so we can discuss your past stay with us.

Thank you.
Mansfield, OH
Reviewed April 14, 2010

Stayed one night after a concert at Schottenstein arena. Easy to get to/from arena and right across from Polaris mall. Rooms and common areas were clean and bright. The beds were very comfortable and the pillows the best. Check out is 12:00 p.m. and you may take advantage of it because of the comfy beds. Bathroom is clean, modern. Room had clean fridge and microwave and we brought our own breakfast items to use in these, so it didn't matter that breakfast wasn't included. We never heard anyone once we were in the room. We will stay here again next time.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed February 17, 2010

My boyfriend and I wanted to stay at a nice hotel for Valentines Day just to treat ourselves. We reserved an Executive room on the ninth floor, and were beyond pleased. The bed was so comfy!! I usually wake up with back problems, and I had no problems after sleeping there for one night. The bathroom was nicely done and very roomy. The rooms were very clean and quiet. We did breakfast in bed the following morning...it was expensive as expected, but was so good!
The only problems we had was the room wasn't ready upon arrival, and the room service I ordered ahead of time to be waiting in our room for us did not come until about 3 hours after we were there. On the other hand, it was Valentines Day and complications from the weather could have caused problems as far as check in and check out times. We were not overly upset by this, but I could see how a tired and hungry business traveler could be annoyed by it.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple