“Restful” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Polaris

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ranked #29 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Westminster, Sc
“Restful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were in Columbus for an event. I booked the hotel based on my love of Hilton's. The price was moderate and the reviews I read were good. I drove 9.5 hours and was so thankful for and easy check in and a quiet, clean and very comfortable room. They are renovating the hotel and the lobby had plastic up but the rooms had brand new carpet, wall paper and was very clean. We slept wonderfully and it was a great experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Normally a fan of HGI, but the extensive construction was not mentioned on the website...only when we arrived. The woman at the front desk mentioned the construction and that our room was one of the ones that had been renovated. And, I had a feeling she was smirking at us. My husband got that sense as well. Our room number was written and posted on painters tape on the door, the air conditioner made some of the worst noises and kept us up most the night, a bath towel with a large tear was left in our room, peeling wallpaper, wall dents and the piece de resistance was that neither side of the mattress was adjustable. We attempted to reduce the hardness to no avail. After a restless night, I was very aware that adequately attempting to express my dissatisfaction may not have gone well with little sleep. Thus, this review. At $139/night for a king size bed, that did not look like a king nor have king size pillows, I will not consider this particular HGI again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

The overall service and quality of food was exceptional for this level of accomodations. I would definitely stay and eat here again. I had the President of our organization stay here as well and was pleased with the experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGI Columbus P, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Polaris, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Tom0831,

Thank you for staying and dining with us! We are excited to hear your positive feedback from you and your peers. We are honored to have you and we will continue to improve on our service and food to make each stay even better. Thanks again!

Montville, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

What a great hotel and group of folks working there!! I just spent the last week at this hotel for business and the service was outstanding! Every staff member I encountered was extremely helpful, the service was wonderful and their attitudes were delightful! I encounted many problems with my travel arrangements due to inclement weather in my home area and everyone was extremely helpful in extending my stay and ensuring that I made it to the airport in time for my many changing flight changes. I look forward to coming back to this hotel in my next stay in Columbus. Thank you everyone for making my stay so comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Lois M,

I am so happy that our staff was able to stabilize your traveling woes! We understand the stresses that go with being away from home so I am thrilled that we were able to make things right for you. Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you soon!

Guest Service Manager | Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Polaris
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for 4 nights while on business. On night 3 some soccer teams came to stay and created havoc in the halls for 2 days straight. Management did nothing to help amid many guest complaints. Kids were roaming the halls parent free with water balloons, office chairs, loud music, and knocking on doors. I have never had a problem with Hilton before and am very disappointed with this location. All I wanted was a good nights sleep after a long day of working and that wasn't possible.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
SailBlue1492,

Thank you for your review. I am very apologetic that you were kept up by some loud guests. Our staff takes each of our guests' comfort as our priority so I apologize that the guests were not quieted sooner. We are using feedback like yours as a coaching tool so we can better control this problem in the future. Thank you for being a great guest and we hope to accommodate you again in the future for a quieter, more pleasant stay.

Lebanon, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Everything was neat and clean. The breakfast was especially nice. The staff was very friendly. This place is right off of I-71 at Polaris exit near the new Cabela's and every kind of store and restaurant you can think of.

Room Tip: As always - ask to be further from the elevators
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer K,

Thank you so much for your response! I am so happy that you enjoyed our hotel and the area... especially the new Cabelas! Hope to you see again soon. Safe travels!

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Polaris is a very comfortable hotel that makes you feel like your home away from home. James and Steven at the bar will always take care of you after a long day at work. The food is very good for a Garden Inn hotel. As a gold member, I frequently get upgraded and when I check in they know me by name, which makes for a great customer experience. I travel often to Ohio and I couldn't imagine staying at another hotel. Dennis at the front desk is very friendly and always has a smile on his face Thanks Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Polaris for being my home away from home!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HGI Columbus P, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Polaris, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
serenamarie813,

Wow! Thank you so much for the kind words, especially regarding our staff! James, Steven, and Deniz are exemplary team members and honestly enjoy having you and your coworkers as our guests so often. We're looking forward to seeing you soon!

Guest Service Manager