“Great Property” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Adrian, Michigan
“Great Property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I am a big fan of Hilton Garden Inns and this one fit nicely into their tradition of excellence. The location was favorable as it is in the commercial area surrounding the Polaris Mall. It was relatively easy to find. There are several good restaurants in the immediate area as well as lots of shopping. The lobby area was very attractive and the check-in experience was very efficient. The room was very clean and spacious. Everything was functional including the WiFi. I also liked the availability of the pantry where I could pick up small snacks. The breakfast was very good as the hot food bar included oatmeal, eggs, sausage, bacon and potatoes. Of course, there were also breads, yogurt and fruit. The checkout experience was efficient. The room rate was very good compared to the other comparable hotels in the area. I highly recommend this hotel if you need something in the Northern Columbus region.

• 5 of 5 stars
HGI Columbus P, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Polaris, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Hi Debbie K,

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you'll visit again next time you're passing through! Let us know and we can help you with a reservation!

ashley.byrnes2@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is an outstanding example of a Hilton Garden Inn property, and trust me...I have stayed in a lot of them.
The guest services staff were all friendly and pleasant, the rooms are all updated with digital phones, iPod conections, fridges, and large flat panel tv's.
I am a Hilton Diamond member and was upgraded to a King jacuzzi suite and there was even a flat panel tv hanging over the jacuzzi. Wow!
The location cannot be beat either. The property is located in the Polaris shopping district of Columbus so any store, restaurant, or service that you could ever need is located within 1-2 miles of the property.
There are also multiple dining options located within easy walking distance of the property including Quaker Steak and Lube which is right across the parking lot and has some of the best wings and happy hour specials that you will find anywhere in the area.
I think that I have found a new home away from home while working up in Columbus!

Wildcat1897,

You're the best! Thanks for that great review. We're honored to be your home away from home! Let me know next time you're in town, we have some Quaker Steak deals for you!

ashley.byrnes2@hilton.com
Grand Rapids, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

A friend and I stayed here on March 22, 2013. We had attended an event at the Ohio Expo Center and wanted to stay nearby and close to shopping. I prefer Hilton Hotels as I find them to have great beds and overall, are very good. This one was no exception.
I immediately noticed that the room was VERY clean. I didn't even wear my slippers around the room as I felt so confident about the cleanliness of the room. In fact, I dare say, this was the cleanest room I've ever stayed in, which says a lot since I frequently travel. No debris on the floor, clean bathroom, etc.
Bed was very comfortable-slept great!
Front desk personnel (Kate) was awesome in recommending area restaurants.
Location-The location is perfect-walking distance to shopping, restaurants, gas stations; everything you need! It's just across the street from a major mall.
My friend I plan to come back to Columbus again next year and will definitely stay at this hotel again next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hi JanesAddicition,

Thank you for your great review! Feedback like yours fuels us to continue improving every day to make the perfect hotel stay for our guests. Thanks especially for mentioning Katie... she is a great team member and we're glad she was able to help you chose a restaurant.

Hope to see you soon!

Fairfield, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed here when we went to Columbus for a weekend. Very comfortable bed. Nice, spacious room with comfortable love seat. Downstairs there was a very nice waiting area with chairs, couches and television. Can't remark on breakfast because we didn't pay for it - little pricey for buffet - around $10. How about a little price break on that, huh?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
HGI Columbus P, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Polaris, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Hi there HDS1,

We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I'm glad you and your wife found our Sleep System adjustable beds comfortable. Our breakfast is a full, cooked-to-order breakfast, so in addition to our buffet we also offer made to order omelettes, pancakes, eggs any way, and really anything you'd like from our chef! It is $10.95 per person, but if you book our Bed and Breakfast package, you'll get a really steep discount on that price. Hopefully you can come visit us again and give it a try!

Thanks again for your review... safe travels!
London, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Nice rooms and quiet. Good location to get to freeways. Shopping was close by. Okay breakfast, same as you would find at any hotel, unimaginative. Fitness room could be better. Most of the staff was helpful and friendly.

• 3 of 5 stars
HGI Columbus P, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Polaris, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Hi there Gabi M,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to you found value in our hotel and liked our location! Our full, cooked-to-order breakfast features daily specials and you can always personalize any order with the chef at the window. Hopefully you'll be able to return and give our breakfast another try. Feel free to contact me with any suggestions or additional feedback you may have!

Thanks again for your review, Gabi M!

614.846.8884
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Great staff; always friendly and willing to help. Easy to get around; only 4 floors. Free business center is great. Good coffee & cookies in the evening. Parking is close to the entrance. Breakfast is good and availble early. Clean. Rooms comfortable. TV channels are somewhat limited. Convenient to everything in North Columbus and near the freeway. I paid $116 per night, pre tax.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
HGI Columbus P, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Polaris, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Hi Richard M,

Thank you for your response! I'm glad you enjoyed our amenities, especially our cookies. We serve those every evening and are always tempted ourselves! Thanks again and hope to see you soon!

Vermilion, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn over Presidents Day weekend. The hotel was very busy with families and couples, though our room was very quiet. The woman at the front desk that checked us in Saturday night was very helpful and welcoming. Our room was clean and comfortable. Didn't try to adjust the bed as it was already where I liked. Only issue was the room was hot/cold, hot/cold all night. Starbucks products in the lobby and room were a great touch. Breakfast was great with lots of options including made to order omlets. Shopped ay Polaris (extremely crowded) and had wonderful sushi around the corner. Was a great stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi soontobeforty,

Thanks for your great review! I am so happy you spent time relaxing over the long weekend. We hope to see you soon!