“Utterly Dissapointed”

Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Polaris
Ranked #23 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I recently booked an weekend retreat at the Hilton Garden Inn Polaris. I booked at this location because of the 4 star rating and the location. If I had known that I would be treated as some second rate insignificant customer I would have taken my hard earned money elsewhere. Upon check-in I was greeted with lackluster enthusiasm and the gentleman assisting me appeared to have difficulty with recognizing my online reservation. There was also a huge number of little children running around the lobby (this made me nervous) and it appeared as if there was a children's team competition in town this weekend. Well needless to say we were placed in the same exact area with the rambunctious children. On a couple of occasions they bumped against our hotel door. There was debris in the hallway. I placed a call down to the front desk to report this information as it was 8:00 in the am. In addition, I stated to representative Jason why would you put two adults on the same floor as a team competition and was advised that "there was an overflow". I also stated that I purposely did not want to come down for the breakfast that I had purchased in addition to the two nights because of all the commotion. Jason responded "well they are almost finished you can come down now ". Jason made no apologies nor did he even attempt to remedy my dissatisfaction. I go down to officially checkout from a ruined quiet peaceful weekend retreat to be non-greeted by Deniz. I said to him I would like to check out and requested a receipt and he states in a condescending tone didn't we already give you one?" Why would I ask for a receipt if I had one. Not EVEN ONCE did Mr. Deniz care enough to ask how my stay was so I decided to ask him. I stated, "aren't you going to ask how my stay was?" Deniz responds "I already know how your stay was I talked to Jason". This place made me feel as if my money meant NOTHING to this so call four star establishment. I purposely seek out Hilton hotels but this experience has made me reconsider the Hilton hotel chain. My relaxing weekend retreat was ruined by loud rambunctious children coupled with the lack of care and concern of the front desk staff. It is so ironic that as I type this review I stumble upon the following Hilton Garden Inn Satisfaction Promise:
Hilton Garden Inn Satisfaction Promise:
"We promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you’re satisfied, or you don’t pay. You can count on us. GUARANTEED™.
The Hilton Garden Inn Promise reflects our focus on hospitality and integrity.  We are committed to providing an excellent hotel experience for every guest, every time."
Well this promise was not kept. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Andrea H
HGI Columbus P, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Hi Andrea H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I know we spoke already over the phone regarding your experience with our hotel and our staff.

I am happy that we were able to get you your full refund in accordance with our 100% satisfaction guarantee policy. You should never leave our hotel without feeling like you had a truly memorable, relaxing and luxorious stay. Additionally, I'd like to thank you again for the helpful feedback that allows me to more effectively train our team members.

It was a pleasure speaking with you to resolve your experience. Please let me know if you will be traveling to the area again, we'd love to welcome you back.

Ashley.Byrnes2@hilton.com

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Polaris

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed here for four nights while visiting the Ohio State Fair in Columbus and antiquing in Delaware,Ohio. The Fair was 'so-so' this year but the antiquing was great. Also we shopped at Polaris Shopping Center each evening. As for the Hilton Garden Inn, it was in sight of all the stores but on the outshirts of the property so it was very quiet and we felt safe all the time. Safety is very important in Columbus! The hotel was clean and reasonable in a superb location surrounded by 'high end' retail stores. We would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank susie1942
HGI Columbus P, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Hi Susie1942,

Thank you so much for the great review! We really appreciate your nice comments and enthusiasm for this area. We completely agree that we're in a great location with lots of shopping and restaurants, and things are always changing here! We hope you'll come back to visit our hotel and the area again.

Thank you Susie1942!

614-846-8884 TEL | Ashley.Byrnes2@hilton.com

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Stayed here for a few nights for business last week. Hilton Garden Inns have become my first choice in business travel and this hotel didn't disappoint. Very pleased with the hotel, the amenities, cleanliness and the location. The Polaris fashion place is across the street offering lots of shopping and dining choices. Also a quick ride to Easton and Dublin if you want to visit those areas. If you don't have a car no worries - there's a restaurant and bar in the hotel and other places within walking distance. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
HGI Columbus P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear 3hundrd,

Thank you for your kind response! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the hotel, our amenities, and the local area! We agree that our location across from Polaris Fashion Place and hundreds of shopping stores and restaraunts is awesome for travelers.

Thank you again for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. We hope to see you again soon 3hundrd!

614-846-8884 extension 2004

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Great location and friendly staff...clean pool with early access hours...you can swim before breakfast!
Price was very fair....but be careful about breakfast...we thought it was included...but we had to pay
$10 plus per person! I wish we would have been advised of this upon check-in....
Otherwise, a great place to stay! ...easy access to many great restaurants and shopping. Recommend!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
HGI Columbus P, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear Conrad C,.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I know we've been in contact already regarding the cooked-to-order breakfast, but we do hope you'll return to enjoy our fresh options again.

Thank you again for staying with us and for reviewing our hotel. Please feel free to contact me if you are traveling to the area again in the future. I'll be happy to help arrange a great Bed & Breakfast deal for you!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Typical Garden Inn nice, clean and friendly. TV channels are the Lodge net cable system which means a handful and national weather on the 8"s. They do not have the full cable channels. Many restaurants in walking and short driving distance.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ohio28

Dear Ohio28,

Good to hear from you! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. You'll be happy to know that very recently (within the last week), we switched our cable service provider so that we now get a fuller line-up of HD stations! We are very excited about this change.

Thank you again for staying with us! We hope if you're passing through the area we can accommodate you again. We'd love to have you!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

My husband has been staying here on business. The service has been great and the workers are all very nice and helpful. Comfy rooms, clean, and in a good location. Close to lots of restaurants and shopping. There's a good breakfast, we had free tickets for it, if not, it's expensive. They also have a little bar and restaurant. Nice place to hang out in the evening.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Hi Shalloh60,

Thank you for comments regarding our hotel! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We've updated our menus and have some exciting plans for the near future... we hope you that you will return to have another great experience with us!

Thank you agin Shalloh60. See you soon!

Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Polaris

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Was a great stay...got in late.....room clean...check out was great!! Wished we had time to enjoy the pool!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
HGI Columbus P, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Hi Hippomama45,

Thank you so much for your great review! We're so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully you'll be back in the area so you can enjoy the indoor pool and whirlpool.

Thanks again for your fun review! Let me know if you plan to travel to the Columbus area again!

614-846-8884 TEL | Ashley.Byrnes2@hilton.com