“UFC”

Cuisines: American
Columbus, Ohio
“UFC”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We like to go there since they have the UFC fights for free. Gives us all a reason to meet there for dinner, drinks and then watch the fights. Staff is very friendly. Little pricey for bar food/drinks...but it's good.

Visited September 2012

Columbus, Ohio
“Nice sports bar-type restaurant with a fairly diverse menu”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Every time I've eaten at Champps, I've enjoyed my food! Portions are fairly large, food is fresh, prices aren't too terrible. That's the good!

In the last 4 times I've been there, the service has been horrible twice, and mediocre the other 2. I feel like this is one of the areas that Champps should really work to improve the customer's experience. Refills on drinks are always a challenge, the waitstaff not seeming to care one way or another.

If the food wasn't decent, I wouldn't return... But, if you see Champagne Chicken & Shrimp on the menu, I HIGHLY recommend it! That's the main reason I go back... They only bring it out occasionally, but it's a wonderful dish when you can get it!

Visited March 2012
Pickerington, OH
“Big food, but big prices”
Reviewed September 9, 2011

We wandered into Champps after visiting Easton Town Center for some clothing upgrades for my teen daughter. It was about 5pm on a Thursday, the parking lot was fairly full, so we were expecting a wait. Surprisingly, we were seated right away in the dining room.

Our waitress arrived promptly, took our drink and appetizer order, and left. So far so good. Then I looked at the prices… my daughter was in the mood for a steak. The 12 oz house sirloin was almost $20! This is sticker shock for Cowtown, Ohio, believe me. We're used to TGI Fridays and Applebys sort of prices.

I ordered a BBQ Pulled Pork Sammich ($10), which was big and full of meat but needed a bit extra sauce for my taste. It was served with a side of cole slaw (decent enough) and home made potato chips. They were tasty, but I was expecting them to be warm. My fresh-brewed iced tea was good, but the waitress never bothered to refill (I think she had too many tables).

My wife had some sort of chicken wrap with a side of chips & salsa ($9), pretty overpriced but she apparently liked it (thanks mostly to two glasses of white zinfandel). I think the same thing is on the dollar menu at Mickey D's.

My daughter did have the steak after all, but it was too big for her (after drinking a huge glass of Sprite and two potato skins) and we took a lot of it home. It was served with garlic mashed potatos (her favorite) and a mix of steamed green beans & shaved carrots (it may as well have been kryptonite for her).

The potato skins were good, plenty of cheese and bacon, but there were only four. Four, for $9. Yikes! We are spoiled by Fridays, Max & Ermas and Applebys prices, where you get 8 or 9 for the same price.

Our service was okay, but again, I'm pretty sure she was over-seated. She could have visited a bit more frequently.

No major complaints, but for those prices I should at least have gotten an iced tea refill!

At least we were able to watch the usual 10,000 aerial televisions with every imaginable sports channel. Why do they always have one tuned to CNN? What's wrong with Fox News? I'll ding this place one star just for that.

• Visited September 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“mile high nachos!”
Reviewed July 4, 2009

mile high nachos!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I love the Mongolian Egg...”
Reviewed February 22, 2008