“Great BBQ”

Ranked #33 of 2,333 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Fast-casual barbeque restaurant serving authentic comfort food. Serves award-winning BBQ, huge sandwiches, homemade sides, fresh salads, and incredible desserts. All meats—beef brisket, pulled pork, St. Louis–cut ribs, Amish chickens, turkey breast, and special-recipe sausage—are smoked on site, and all sides and desserts are made fresh daily in the restaurant. Caters thousands of events every year, of all sizes and styles: everything from formal weddings and backyard graduation parties to company picnics and family reunions. Great for lunch, dinner, dine-in, or carryout. Supports teammates and communities alike; prioritizes giving back to local charities and non-profits.
Reviewed July 3, 2014

My first time at City BBQ and actually had lots of trouble choosing what I wanted. I ended up choosing the pulled pork sandwich. The meat was very tender and juicy. This is actually the first time where the meat was not already sauced. I chose fries and mac and cheese as my 2 sides. The fries were pretty good, but the mac and cheese was nothing special. We went on a Wednesday night and there was a live band playing. Would return soon!

Jordan F, Guest Relations Manager at City Barbeque, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Thanks for the great review! Our fries are to die for when you add cheese & bacon on top... I have been craving them all week! I am glad you enjoyed your first experience with us. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Came in for the first time and was warmly welcomed by the cashier who gladly proceeded to explain their menu and offered some samples! Absolutely great service! Ordered the sampler which was certainly enough for 2 people. The food came out hot and delicious! The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is because of the sauces. I LOVE bbq sauces! I tried the regular and the sweet and didn't like either of them. On the other hand the meats were delicious by themselves. Will definitely be back!!

Hi! Thanks so much for the great review! We have some great BBQ sauces, next time try the "gold" mustard sauce, it's my favorite! I would love to send you a voucher for your next sandwich to be on us, that way you can try the sauce with no risk :) it goes GREAT with our turkey. Please send your mailing address to jordan@citybbq.com. Thanks again!

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Stopped in after our trip at the zoo... Food was good and staff were extremely friendly. No real complaints.. The meat was really good, but wasn't too fond of the different bbq sauces. Regardless, a good trip and would return!

Reviewed June 11, 2014

The food was solid. I wasn't terribly hungry but I needed a quick bite and the City Barbecue turkey sandwich was delicious. They also sell a bunch of craft root beers as well. This place also has solid FREE Wi-Fi as well. I was able to sit and work while eating my sandwich. I have been here a couple other times for OSU games and their portions for dinner are HUGE. I have been happy every time I have been here.

Samantha S, Marketing at City Barbeque, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Thanks so much for the review! I would love to send you something special to enjoy during your next visit. If you wouldn't mind, please email me your mailing address to samantha@citybbq.com

Thanks again!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Great options for everyone in the family! My favorite menu items are the brisket sandwich with the corn pudding!

Been to City Barbeque? Share your experiences!