“Awesome”

Ranked #33 of 2,322 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Fast-casual barbeque restaurant serving authentic comfort food. Serves award-winning BBQ, huge sandwiches, homemade sides, fresh salads, and incredible desserts. All meats—beef brisket, pulled pork, St. Louis–cut ribs, Amish chickens, turkey breast, and special-recipe sausage—are smoked on site, and all sides and desserts are made fresh daily in the restaurant. Caters thousands of events every year, of all sizes and styles: everything from formal weddings and backyard graduation parties to company picnics and family reunions. Great for lunch, dinner, dine-in, or carryout. Supports teammates and communities alike; prioritizes giving back to local charities and non-profits.
Reviewed November 19, 2013

My husband and I just celebrated our 12th anniversary in Columbus and we are BIG BBQ fans, so we thought we'd look for a place and oh am I ever glad we did!!!!!! We found City Barbeque.....it was AWESOME!!!!!!! The ribs were killer, my husband LOVED the smoked sausage and the macaroni and cheese,I believe, was the best I've ever had!!!!!!!! If your ever in the area and want some FABULOUS BBQ, you need to stop by City Barbeque!!!!!!! You won't regret it.....enjoy :)

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in for dinner tonight, as we do every 4-6 weeks. She had pulled pork and several sides while I had a half slab of ribs and sides. The meats were smoked to perfection, fall off the bone tender, juicy, and more flavorful than ever! The place seemed to be operating more smoothly than we've seen it in the past, also.

Really enjoyed our meals. We're going back when the BBQ craving hits again!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Brisket, Pork Butt, Ribs and Chicken. You can't go wrong. Plenty of great sides. My favorite is the corn pudding but the baked beans and green beans rate right up there. Picnic table seating this place has sprouted up all over town. Never had a bad meal.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We found this restaurant, close to our hotel, on our GPS, so we decided to give it a try. Upon entering we saw it was cafeteria style but we prefer sit down. It's not the type of BBQ we are accustomed to. The line was not bad. We ordered and our. meals came soon after. I prefer ribs which are lean, juicy and meaty, close to falling off the bone. These were chewy, dry and just a bit over cooked but some of our friends prefer it this way. They were well seasoned and had good flavor. . There were three different sauces on the table. They tasted similar to New Orleans, Kanas City and Detroit style. These sauces also were at the counter kept hot in containers. The fresh cut fries were very good. It's a good place to grab a quick meal before heading out and about.

1  Thank tiggerthehun
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stop in for some tasty BBQ. I wish we had a place like this back home. Delicious southern BBQ at a very affordable price. Yes please!