“Decent, affordable”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of CBC Restaurant

CBC Restaurant
Ranked #92 of 2,222 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: CBC Restaurant provides a generous menu including exceptional American style food with a worldly influence. Offering an upscale casual environment that is dedicated to a quality guest experience. Open for lunch and dinner Monday-Friday and brunch and dinner Saturday and Sunday. Plenty of free parking attached to the restaurant. Kids menu available. Spacious patio and indoor seating available. Restaurant hours are Mon-Thurs 11:00am till 10:00pm Friday & Saturday 11am-11pm, Sunday from 11:00am - till 9:00pm. Located in the Brewery District, 525 Short St., near Downtown Columbus, Arena District, Convention Center, Short North and German Village.
Columbus, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Decent, affordable”
Reviewed November 6, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I was here for a work lunch, so unfortunately I didn't get to try any of CBC's beers. I have had their IPA and Pale Ale in bottles and on draft at other establishments in the greater Columbus area, so when I go back I look forward to trying them here.

I ordered the Cuban burrito off of their lunch menu. It was good, but not great, the portion size was immense. One of my coworkers had the Cajun jambalaya which also came in a very large portion. My other coworker ordered a simple chicken item off of the kids menu, and in fact despite being off the kids menu it was also a fairly large serving.

Overall the food, in terms of taste/presentation/etc rate about 3/5, you do get very good value for money in terms of amount of food for dollar you spend here. I could have easily made two full meals out of the burrito I ordered, and I'm not a light eater or someone who usually asks for a doggie bag.

The staff was friendly, the location is a bit out of the way but there is plenty of parking, the restaurant itself is nice inside and you can look through a large glass wall and see all of their brewing equipment which makes for a nice atmosphere.

Visited October 2013

Houston, Texas
“Love this place.”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Went there after a business work day. Great for groups. Wonderful craft brewed beer. Staff Friendly and attentive. I had the chili.. and i thought it was really good.. spicy!.. pizza looked good and the appetizers (Calamari and nachos ) were tasty. I'd go back again.

• Visited October 2013
Brook Park, Ohio
“Nothing special”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband is the beer fanatic, so since we were headed to Columbus for the OSU game, we had planned on making this our lunch destination. The atmosphere is a bit confusing... like brew pub trying to be upscale. If you look at the menu online, beware that not everything is available at all times. We were there at lunch time on a Saturday, and pizza was not available due to brunch being served, so it instead was waffles? My husband had the chicken salad wrap, and loved it. I ordered the pulled pork sandwich, which sounded great on the menu listed with "CBC key lime BBQ sauce" Well, when I received it, it was a pile of pulled pork, that looked like it was placed with an ice cream scoop. with about a tablespoon of BBQ sauce on top (more on the side). But the worst part is the BIGGEST glob of fat right on top of the sandwich. How did no one see that when they put the tablespoon of sauce on? I rarely send food back, but this was awful. After waiting some time, and almost finishing my fries, someone checked on us, and replaced my order with the chicken salad wrap. Well my family was completely finished before I ever received my wrap. They were completely apologetic, and were very generous with the check, even though I said it wasn't necessary. First impressions are everything, and we will not go back.

• Visited September 2013
Rochester, NY
“Good Brew Pub Grub”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stopped for lunch before the football game later in the day. Kind of in a strange part of town that looks like it is in the middle of a transformation. Anyway the small patio was very nice on a lovely late September afternoon. The burgers and pulled pork sandwiches were very good as was the Smokey Bloody Mary. Our server was friendly and efficient. I would stop again.

• Visited September 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Not exactly a brew pub...”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Columbus is fun, beer is fun, CBC beer is awesome, however...
A group of friends decided to try the restaurant thinking it would be a brew pub experience, it wasn't. The food and atmosphere are more upscale. The food and beer were good, it is just not what you expect from a brewery.

• Visited August 2013