“Good Beer and Appetizers”

Barley's Brewing Company
Ranked #31 of 2,261 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Semi-late Friday night business "dinner." Fairly crowded (weekend convention crowd), but found seats at the bar. Really good beer from a decent sized beer menu. Good appetizers - we had buffalo wings and a beer cheese dip. Service just average.

There are newer reviews for Barley's Brewing Company

Reviewed April 18, 2014

We went here for a pre-show concert meal. Nachos are a great choice. They were on the Happy Hour menu and for $5.00 it was perfect to share. Served warm, jalapeno's were warm, and a nice touch with the black beans. Good selection of craft beers as well as local beers to choose from.

And then...we saw the filth. Looking into the brew area where they have the tanks, there was dirt all over the sprinkler heads, the walls, the windows...and to think this could fall into the tanks when they were brewing their beer. Had to check out the bathrooms and they were putrid. And you know what that means..."you can tell how clean the kitchen is by what the bathroom looks like."

Anyway, I'd think twice about going back to this place...

1  Thank Backstreets1250
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Found this on a whim. It can be found toward the end of the Short North strip where there aren't big crowds. For a Saturday night, there was a short wait, but the turnover was fast because the place is pretty big. The brews on draft were great and the menu was extensive, but mostly reasonable.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Friends recommended Barley's for lunch and it filled the bill. The tavern, with high tin ceilings and cozy booths, reminded me of taverns I'd gone to when I was young. The menu is classic bar fare, but with a nod to today. The beer was excellent- this coming from a Vermonter, home of some of the best craft beers in the country. I had the day's special, a Cuban, pork, pork, and pork- each excellent, complimented by some of the best pickles west of NYC. The Cusabi slaw was a treat! What truly stood out for me was Blood Thirst Wheat- hint of orange- full- bodied yet clean. Admitted, I did not try my fellow diner's dishes, but loved the humor of Gates of Hell Wings- she loved them. Service was excellent. If there is a drawback to Barley's, it's that the North Market is across a parking lot out the back door. I was way too stuffed to try any offerings there.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

My husband and I were just at a conference, and were looking for a good spot to grab a quick lunch. Barley's fit the bill. Barleys is a friendly, brightly-lit little pub with a nice-sized menu and fair bar list. Keep in mind that if you are at a conference, hoping to grab lunch, you need to get here swiftly, because obviously the place will fill up fast. We knew that we were planning to come here, so we booked it across the road as soon as our session was over, but by the time we left, there was a lengthy wait. The food itself is delicious and comfort-foodie friendly. I had a fantastic Reuben with pierogis on the side. My husband had a burger and fries and thought they were great, and that their beer list suited the foods on the menu. The food arrived quickly and was fairly priced for the good-sized portions and what high quality it was. Despite the busy-ness of the place, I never once felt rushed, which was nice.