“Try the sauerkraut balls”

Barley's Brewing Company
Ranked #33 of 2,300 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I was here on a business trip and we ordered every appetizer on the menu in addition to our meals. The sauerkraut balls are highly recommended. I had a burger that was also quite flavorful. Considering the number of people in our group, I was impressed with the level of service. I would return.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

3rd best brewery in Columbus behind North High Brewery and Elevator Brewery. Food is high class bar food. Burgers and sandwiches taste great and sell well. Lots of different micro brews on tap. Good service with a smile. Located across the street from the Columbus Convention Center. 2 Beer business lunch anyone?

Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Located Directly across from the Greater Ohio Convention Center and next to the Hilton - this place is cozy, warm, and has great service all around. Known for its micro brews - the food is fantastic. Ate there 3 times - all of it Great but the Wings are spectacular. I had the Gates of Hell which are touted as being hot - trust me any one can handle these - even kids. What makes the awesome is they are Char Grilled so they are healthy too. Everything there is scratch made and the prices are more than fair for location. Enjoy!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

My wife and I went to Barley's on a Saturday night with a concert event at Nationwide. It was packed and close to an hour wait for a table. However, there are tables in the bar area that are self-service (there is a label on the table telling you to place food order at the bar). After putting our name in for a table, my wife came across a vacated self-service table and we sat down.

I convinced her to go there because she loves wheat beers and they have an orange wheat I expected she would really like, unfortunately, we were told they ran out. The bartender allowed us to sample until she found an alternate ale she wanted to drink - Christmas. I had the Scottish Ale. I wanted a cask-conditioned ale (which rotate), but both cask ales this month were IPAs, which we are not fans of.

Both beers were very good, but she would not drink more than on Christmas Ale. If the Orange Wheat would have been in-stock, we likley would have stayed there for another 2 pints, but, we left after one beer.

There is a fairly large food menu for a brew pub and the portions are huge - sandwiches could easily be split amongsts two persons. Loaded Nachos order was gigantic. We ordered the fish sandwich and turkey/bacon wrap. Both were good. You had a choice of sides. The fish had a house-made tarter sauce which was good. Even better were the housemade pickles that came with every order.

Overall, its a really nice place that I appreciate - local, non-chain restaurant. Hopefully next time we visit, the Orange Wheat will be available.

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

I will forever remember Barley's as the place where I had the Reuben Burger. My lord, that was some amazing artery clogging deliciousness. I was also impressed that the server steered me away from a specialty beer that didn't turn out well to one of the best local IPAs I had while in OH.

Worth checking out.