New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Pleasant Surprise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of G. Michael's Bistro & Bar

G. Michael's Bistro & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
G. Michael's Bistro & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 2,154 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American, Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Willow
Description: G. Michael's Bistro & Bar. We are a restaurant committed to offering a unique dining experience — unlike any other in German Village and Columbus.At G. Michael's we are committed to focusing on local, seasonal food as much as possible. We endeavor to source as much of our pork, beef, produce and dairy from central Ohio growers and producers as possible. Feel free to ask your server which of our menu items feature these local ingredients.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

One of the best meals I've had in the midwest. The menu is creative. I had the vegetable plate and my husband had the chicken. Both dishes were well seasoned and flavorful. I highly recommend.

Visited June 2014

Findlay, Ohio
“Good, but.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Touted as one of the best, I take umbrage with that conclusion. I think the offerings are more upscale for a very descerning palate. A bit over-priced.

Visited November 2013
Michigan
“Great find in German Village”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I trusted the various reviews I found on TA and was very pleased with the service, selection, quality and presentation of our meals. I would certainly return.

Visited June 2014
“Small plates, big taste”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Set in historic German town, G. Michael's offers a beautiful setting for a special dining experience. Small plates offered a variety of unique flavors to satisfy the most discriminating palette. My husband is a picky eater who devoured the spicy shrimp and grits. The mushroom risotto gives new means to comfort food. Great salad. Fine wine. We lucked out on the small brick patio with a large tree in its center but the well appointed inside would have not been disappointing. First rate in every way.

• Visited June 2014
Ashland, Kentucky
“The Best of the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My wife and I visited G. Michael's in Columbus, Ohio while celebrating our 31st wedding anniversary. Frankly, everything about Michael's is A-1, first rate. Since parking is very limited, they provide valet parking. It was fast on both ends! We were promptly seated without a reservation. The maitre'd was friendly, helpful, and servers were obviously well-trained. The choice of liquors and wines was superb, but the highlight of our evening was the food itself.

We chose mussels for our appetizer, accompanied by a martini and wine. The plate of well-steamed, flavorful mussels was large enough for an entre. They were absolutely superb. We followed this with a spinach salad; then, I had the filet and my wife the salmon. We were treated like royalty. The food was served promptly and professionally. I had another martini and my wife another glass of wine, after which we split an absolutely luscious dessert and topped the evening off with coffee and kaulua.

G. Michael's is pricey! The evening totaled $163.00, and with tip it rounded out to $200.00. But, it was an unforgettable experience. We left feeling it was every bit worth the money!

We highly recommend G. Michael's as probably one of the finest restaurants in Columbus, Ohio...perhaps in central Ohio.

Visited May 2014